I didn't realize I'd gone so long without posting. Sometimes life just get's crazy, right? With summer finally coming into fruition, I decided it was time for a healthy & tasty BBQ recipe.
This is one I found on Eatingwell.com
Grilled Chicken Tenders with Cilantro PestoMakes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (Sesame seeds can be purchased already toasted. Look for them near other Asian ingredients. Or toast your own in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.)
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds and the reserved marinade in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cilantro-sesame pesto.
152 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 290 mg sodium; 105 mg potassium.