Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exercise of the week: Killer Leg Combo

If you're looking to tone up your leg's this will INDEED do the trick. It's a great way to get in a few good sets of leg's while you're working out. This is a walking combination so go down a hallway, or somewhere you've got some space. Grab a med ball, or a 5 or 10 lb dumbbell and hold it out directly in front of you while you do this whole sequence. Yep we're getting the shoulders at the same time as the legs. I told you this one was a killer!
Do one walking lunge forward on the right leg. Do one walking lunge forward with the left leg. (While doing this make sure your knee's aren't going over your toes. You want 90 degree angles.) Bring your right leg back to regular standing position with your feet about hip width apart and do one squat in place. Repeat this sequence again, but this time up the stakes by one. Do one walking lunge forward with the right leg, come up leaving your legs in that lunge position and go back down again. So you are doing two lunges in place. Step forward with the left leg and do two lunges in place with the left leg forward. Step your right foot back to standing and do two squats in place. Repeat again doing three in each position...etc. all the way until you get to 10 reps in every position. Yes, still holding that dumbbell out in front of you. Do this three times, and you'll be feeling it...I promise.

3 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Meggie, I love your fitness blog! I have a question? I would like to purchase a pilates CD. Do you have any suggestions on a good one? I see them at Target? What do you think for a change up once in a while? Thank you for checking on that? Love You, Mom

Nichole Barney said...

I am excited to trythat I need to change up what I do a little bit and feel more sore.

Jessica said...

I accomplished nearly the same thing death marching my family around Southern California this past week. I never knew so much walking could be soo painful! This looks like a great exercise. Glad Biggest loser is back. Loveit!