Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ohh the holidays. Here they come...

Tis' the season of excuses. 
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...I LOVE time of year in my personal life. Full of football games, parties, great food, family, fun traditions, weather changes, and good times all around. I DO NOT love this time of year in my professional life. Don't get me wrong, I always love my clients. BUT...let the excuses begin...

"I bought too much Halloween Candy."
"We had 3 parties last night."
"My family insisted on pizza and chips to watch the game."
"There were 4 kinds of stuffing. I had to try/eat/devour all of them."
"I had to eat the cookies left for Santa."

I sympathize. I know. It's reaaaalllyy hard to eat well and keep up with your exercise routine this time of year. There are so many opportunities to do just the opposite. This is where you have to make a decision. 
You can succumb to the many millions of reasons why you could and "should" eat crappy, and allow yourself to slip into bad habits until New Years when you'll start over...again. 
OR you can make smart decisions and keep progressing, becoming the person you want to be. 

I know it's hard, but I also know you can do it. Set some limits for yourself, set some goals. Leave yourself some wiggle room so you don't feel completely restricted, but remember that if nothing changes, nothing changes. If you want to lose weight, look better, be healthier, you have to decide now what you're going to do about it. 

Decide how your holiday season is going to go this year. It doesn't have to be the same old gain 10 lbs, only to turn around in January to fight to lose it. Stick with a routine, and figure out what it's going to take to keep yourself on track! You can do it!

1 comment:

Ashley Eliza said...

meg,
i just loved this.
needed to hear it!
thanks so much, so inpriring!
hope all is well :)

xoxo