Our Gatsby Halloween Party this past weekend was amazing...there are more pics where that came from I promise. :)
I have a lot of my clients tell me some of the following obstacles that can thwart healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle during the holidays...
- Halloween is centered around candy. Hence; candy is everywhere.
- There are a million parties/functions/get togethers (all of which serve a million desserts.)
- Handing out candy to little trick or treaters means leftover candy, which means bite size pieces of candy for snacking.
- Halloween candy usually comes individually wrapped. One grab here, and one grab there doesn't seem like a big deal. (Unfortunately, all those "grabs" add up.)
- Fall food and treats are delicious. Pumpkin anythings just smells and tastes fantastic.
Now...I get it. I promise. Just because I choose not to eat candy and desserts, doesn't mean I don't understand the temptation and draw to deliciously decadent pumpkin flavored desserts and bite sized Snickers. Yum. BUT...I also know the benefit that you can receive from NOT gorging yourself on Halloween candy. Click HERE for some excellent Halloween help tips from years past.
As for this years tips, I'm going to keep it simple. Focus on your goals. Don't go crazy like a kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory. When all is said and done and it is November 1st, chances are you won't remember what you did and didn't eat on Halloween. So...maybe you don't HAAAAVE to have that doughnut, cookie, candybar, handful of candy corn, and caramel apple...just saying.
Don't forget to enter this October's Mix Giveaway!