Saturday, February 14, 2009

Indulgence Day Results

First of all, Happy Love day :) I love Valentines Day. Such a fun day full of pinks and reds, X's and O's, and so much love.

As I've mentioned before, I've been really focusing on getting to where I wanted to be goal-wise, and being dedicated to doing so. Part of my plan involved cutting out sugar, candy, and treats from my diet. I know, it sounds so harsh and drastic. Now, let me tell you that I am a firm believer in moderation in all things. I think that there is room in your diet for treats, and indulgences. BUT I also know my body pretty well. I know what works for me and what doesn't work. So, since Dec 26th I haven't had any sweets. Let me tell you, it HAS paid off. I've seen changes in my body that I've been trying to work at for years. It has been really hard, it has. But, the "moderation" way of doing things wasn't getting me to where I want to be, and since I've found the things that curb my ridiculous sweet tooth, I've been completely fine.

Well, today, Feb 14th, was the day I declared indulgence day. I told myself I could have sweets. Anything I wanted. My favorite treats. The results. I ate them. I feel sick. I regret it. I feel off track, and I don't like feeling that way. I like feeling like I'm in control of what I eat.

HOWEVER. I'm glad I had this day. To keep me from slipping. I got to experience the things I felt like I was "missing out on." Do I suggest this method of completely cutting everything out to everyone? Not necessarily, I am a firm believer in the idea that it is possible to lose weight, and be healthy while still allowing yourself to enjoy the food you are eating. That being said, I want you to think about making conscious food decisions. Don't be a conveyor belt mindless eater; eating whatever you're given, whatever is put in front of you, or whatever you stumble across. Ask yourself...am I hungry? Do I really want to eat this? Is this even worth it? A lot of the time you'll find that, No, you aren't hungry and it's not worth it. This could save you hundreds of calories per day.

I can honestly say I'll be glad to be back on track tomorrow.

1 comment:

Scott and Jillian said...

So, what did you find to curb your sweet tooth? 'Cause I've thought about doing something like this, but I'm just afraid I'd fail miserably due to my sweet tooth.

(BTW- I found your site from Emilie Nuttall's blog)