Saturday, January 16, 2010

See Megan Run...I'm Back.

26.2. Last year I accomplished a lifelong goal of running a marathon. I wrote about it here. The ups the downs, and everything in between. I wrote about it so I could remember what got me through some tough goals. I wrote about it so that I might be able to inspire others who were thinking it might be impossible. I wrote about it so I would be held accountable for what I'd set out to do. I wrote about it so that I would be able to think...wow, I did that! Well, here goes round two. I've decided to run the SLC marathon again this year! I'm super excited about it. I've recruited some fellow runners this year, and I can't wait to have some people to cross the finish line with me. (It's not too late if you want to join me! AND...if you feel like the full marathon is too much for you the training for the 1/2 marathon doesn't start until next week. DO IT!!) Let me know if you want some help getting on a training program!

Today was the first of many long runs. 10 miles. It felt good to be back at it. I made it through pretty flawlessly, and was pleasantly reminded how boring it can be to run in the cardio cinema for a few hours at a time. It was nice to have Roxies next to me though! I'm hoping for some warmer weather this time through, so I can do some of the long runs outside. Can't wait to see how this round goes. BRING IT ON!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.