Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My two cents for the week

When I have good info I like to share it. These are some tips that I think everyone should know...
 1. Orowheat Whole Wheat Bagel Thins are BOMB. They help to lower the carb count in your diet if you are looking to do so. They have some substance to them so they are tasty. They are only 110 calories. They still have some fiber and protein and they are delicious. I like them with turkey sandwiches (as pictured above), with tuna, or even open faced in the oven with some marinara, spinach and a little mozzarella. Try them. You will be in love.
 2. The only way to buy your slow cooked oats is at Costco. It is the best deal. This box comes with two separate five pound bags so one stays perfect and fresh while you soldier through the other. If you are anything like me...soldiering through oats is what I do best.
 3. Edamame in individual frozen packets is an AMAZING quick protein source. Three minutes in the microwave and you have 13 beautiful grams of protein for 156 calories. This is an amazing afternoon snack, or side to any meal. I got this one at Costco. (I promise I have no affiliation with them aside from the fact that I like to give them lots of money in exchange for produce.) I have seen similar individual packs at different grocery stores as well.
4. I am a huge fan of buying veggie trays for my produce for the week. I ditch the dip that comes with it and use my own low-fat versions of ranch or hummus. I love this option because the veggies are ready to eat and you get a variety. I'll snack on these for the next week or so with dip, in salads, oven roasted, or even thrown in some cottage cheese like I had for dinner tonight. This method is great for those who need produce on the go.
5. Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate with light whipped topping is my favorite sweet treat in the winter. You can't beat the 25 calorie hot chocolate packets, and the whipped topping for an additional 20 calories makes you almost feel decadent. It's good. Promise. 

There you have it. My two cents for the week. Do you have two cents you'd like to add?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg this bagel looks delicious:) and variety of vegetables on a side! Yum:)

Rachelle Wardle said...

Great tips my friend. I cut and prep veggies for the week every Sunday and that really really helps me stay on track. I like the idea of buying the veggie trays and might have to steal it. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything in this post (as usual)! I am so sad that at Sam's (we don't have a costco), they only carry quick cooking oats. Seriously?! Maybe if I bug them enough they will get them for me.

heather said...

I love diet hot chocolate. My problem is I use way too much whip cream even the light stuff!

Momma got the runs said...

I do the same thing with the diet hot chocolate but I use mini marshmellows instead--way easier to control portions and they melt all crazy creamy!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I agree altogether and almost laughed because I was drinking diet swiss miss as I was reading this..lol no joke. By the way I love the circuit workouts you share too...I love tring them all and sometimes failing and killing myself! :-)

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo outlet, ugg boots, new balance shoes, birkin bag, vans shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, canada goose uk, insanity workout, ugg pas cher, asics running shoes, instyler, nike huarache, p90x, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, moncler, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, hollister, nfl jerseys, soccer shoes, longchamp, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, ugg australia, lululemon outlet, ugg, babyliss pro, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, celine handbags, ugg boots, ghd, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, beats by dre, canada goose, uggs outlet, canada goose jackets

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister