Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fit Day!!!



Ok, so it's about time I post about my most favorite thing in the world. Well, one of them anyways. I have been in love with this website called fitday.com for like two years. It is a free website where you can track your calories. It allows you to choose from foods that are already entered in their database, or you can enter in your own favorite foods. You can change the serving size, so it fits exactly what you've eaten. It adds up your calories as you enter them in and gives you the percentages of calories from fat, carbs, and protein. It really is SO amazing. When you are tring to lose weight tracking the food you eat is one of the best ways to shed some pounds. Most people highly underestimate the amount of food they eat, and the amount of calories that certain foods contain. With my clients, those who have success in weight loss are those who track what they eat. I know that tracking your food every day for the rest of your life sounds completely awful, and isn't very realistic. BUT, even just writing down what you eat for a week makes you very aware of what you're putting into your body, and can help you make some positive changes!!

Some of the things I noticed when I first started using this website that have helped me a lot since were... i was snacking a lot more than i realized (those little bites here and there add up!), i wasn't eating enough protein, candy is full of empty calories (dang it...ok i think i already knew that, but still), and i was way off on how many calories a lot of foods contained.

In addition to this, a few months ago one of my bestest friends Jenna showed me an even more amazing side of Fitday I'd yet to experience which made me fall in love with it even more. There is a version you can purchase on the website that is quite a bit more in depth than the online version. With the purchased version you can determine what your caloric intake should be, view a ton of different reports that come from the information you put in, journal your progress, input recipes and determine the nutrition info (one of my favorite parts), input your activity level, and a TON of other things. It's great!!

1 comment:

The McFarlands said...

hi you! I knew you would give in eventually! Glad to see you have joined the blogging world. Um, I am so glad you posted those recipes...YUM!I can't wait for Saturday!