Saturday, May 31, 2008
Eat out...the wholesome way
Eating out is an American pastime that won't soon die out, and who wants it too? Everyone loves an enjoyable meal out with those we love. Unfortunately it's a big part of the obesity epidemic we're facing. In the past it has been hard to eat out and make healthy food choices, but some restaurants are finally catching on!
- California Pizza Kitchen gives you the option of getting your pizza on a whole wheat crust.
- Cafe Rio offers whole wheat tortillas
- Papa John's Pizza offers whole wheat pizza crust
- Cold Stone Creamery offers low fat ice cream choices and "sinless sweet cream" a fat free sugar free option that tastes great!
- Fudruckers has burger choices of whole wheat bun's, and healthier patty options such as turkey burgers, veggie burgers, and grilled chicken.
- Sandwich shops such as Subway and Quiznos offer whole grain breads, lean meats, and lots of veggies.
- Rumbi Grill Offers brown rice
- Pizza Factory offers whole wheat pasta
- Brick oven offers whole wheat spelt pasta, and spinach pasta
- Macaroni Grill offers whole wheat penne pasta
- P.F. Changs offers brown rice
- Also, many restaurants will bring you a lite menu with the healthiest options, or show you on the menu with some sort of symbol. Some I know for certain are; Apple Bee's, Mimi's Cafe, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Jason's Deli, etc.
Try out these healthy alternatives, and you might be surprised to find they aren't half bad...in fact they're usually delicious!
If you know of any other good healthy options feel free to add them!