Today is No-Tobacco Day!
All the reasons why you should quit smoking or continue not to do so...
- Your Heart - Smoking is a major risk factor for heart disease, the number one killer of men and women in the United States.
- Your Looks - Smoking causes facial wrinkles and dull, dry hair.
- Your Lungs - Smoking causes nearly 90 percent of all lung cancers.
- Your Reproductive Health - Smoking affects fertility and may be a factor in early menopause.
- Your Kids - Secondhand smoke causes children to develop bronchitis and pneumonia. Parents who smoke are poor role models for healthy living.
- Your Throat - Smoking, especially paired with heavy alcohol use, raises the risk of mouth and throat cancers.
- Your Love Life - Smoking is a habit that turns off many potential partners. It can also cause erectile dysfunction.
- Your Stomach, Bladder and Pancreas - Smoking raises the risk of cancer in these organs, especially combined with heavy alcohol use.
- Your Pocketbook - On average, a pack of cigarettes costs about $4. It’s a very expensive habit.
- Your Smile - Over time, smoking turns teeth yellow and may lead to gum disease and tooth decay.