Sunday, April 5, 2009

See Megan Run...


I did it! I SERIOUSLY can't believe it. 20 whole miles. My last high mileage run before the actual race. I was pleased with how well it went! I made sure to get a good amount of carbs Friday night, got a good nights rest, and got in a good breakfast. It was snowing here in Utah on Saturday morning, so I had to do it on the treadmill again. I sure hope this weather gets a little nicer because I'd like to get some of my final runs in outside, and I'd REALLY like to have it a little warmer on marathon day. I was surprised at how great I felt throughout the run. It wasn't until the last two miles that my knees started to feel tired, even still it wasn't too bad. I just kept telling myself that this was my last lengthy run, and that really helped! After 3 hours 17 minutes of straight running I was glad to be done though...believe me. I found out this past week that my mom AND dad are going to be here for race day! I couldn't be happier about that. :)
This next week I start to taper down. This Saturday's run is only an 8 miler...CAKE.
Two Saturday's from now? RACE DAY!!

3 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I am so excited for you! What an accomplishment!

Nichole Barney said...

So awesome! Way to go! Can't believe you did that on the treadmill! You are amazing!

The Smith Clan said...

Way to go Megs!! TWENTY-SIX... piece a cake! You're amazing! I just wish I was still in for the half! Tyler invited us to stay at his house on Friday night. So you don't have to get up soooo early!