Sunday, April 19, 2009

See Megan Run...The Final Chapter.

I did it. I almost can't believe it. Well, I can believe it do to the fact that I am reminded with every sore step I attempt to take today, but I am still a bit dumbfounded I guess. 26.2 miles later I completed a full marathon, a goal i have had for probably 10 years.

After a carb loading pasta dinner with the family, I slept up at my brother Tyler's house on Friday night, so I could get as much sleep as possible. As I was going to bed I just kept thinking to myself...when I wake up in the morning it is going to be go time. It seemed almost unreal to me that I was finally arriving at what the past 4 months of intense training had led up to. I had everything prepped for the big day. Part of the training process is working out all the bugs before hand so when race day comes you're primed and ready. So...I knew exactly which shoes/clothes I was wearing, what I was going to eat for breakfast, how I wanted my hair to be, what I was going to supplement with, etc. Knowing all of this beforehand makes the pre-race anticipation significantly less. My sweet brother woke up with me at the CRACK of dawn on saturday to get me up to the start line. He made sure I was all prepped to go and took some pre-race photos for me. At the start I just remember thinking..."here goes a loooong morning." I was correct.

and we were off...

My awesome family came to some of the different mile markers to cheer me on and keep me going. It helped me SO much just to know they were there cheering for me! Their encouraging words kept me going. My mom would run along side me for a sec and remind me I could do it!
Here we are at mile 13. I remember at this point thinking...hmmm...had I done the half I'd be done. But, nope. KEEP GOING!
Believe it or not here we are at mile 20. Ty snapped this photo of me giving my dad a high 5, while my mom jogs along side me. I love it. Having my mom and dad fly in from AZ was more than I could have asked for. Thanks so much M&D!! It was at this point in the race that the mental toughness started. My body of course was really tired, but I just had to keep telling myself to keep it up! It was so amazing to have random strangers lining the streets the whole way cheering all the racers on.
Crossing the finish line was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. It was so awesome to have all of the people that I love at the end cheering me on! I LOVE to shop, as a lot of you know, but I don't know if I've ever been more excited to see the Gateway Mall in my life. (The finish line ran down the middle of the outdoor mall.) I was completely exhausted, my legs felt like led, I was pretty sure I couldn't take another step, but I absolutely couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

I got an AWESOME massage after the race while my family chilled and waited for me. One of the race day highlights...besides me of course ;) ... My family met and took pictures with Blane and Dane, cousins from this season of The Biggest Loser. AMAZING, right? Check my sister Lindsey's blog HERE for photos and details. They ran the 1/2 and look awesome! After talking to them for a bit, let's just say...we know who's going to the finale. I'll tell you if you want me to...
We had a bunch of cameras there, so I didn't get all the photos that were taken of everyone that came up to cheer me on. BUT I just have to say thankyou to all my supporters. For my family and friends who to the time to come to watch, it absolutely meant the world to me. For those of you who texted, called, left facebook/blog messages; every single word of encouragement and congrats were SO SO SO much appreciated. This was such a big accomplishment for me, and I couldn't have done it without all of you encouraging me along. My time was 4 hours and 10 minutes. My goal was to finish around 4 hours, so I felt really good about it. I finished 13th out of 52 in my age group. Here's to 26.2 BABY!!! I'm officially a marathoner.
(oh, and please disregard my nastiness in all the photos...I just ran 26.2 miles ok??)

11 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

You look awesome! Congratulations, you did it!

Jenna said...

Swavek AND I are both so proud of you. I love you and you'll always be a great example to me (although I never plan to run one :) ) I wish I could have been there as you crossed the finish line!

Devri said...

You are amazing! That's such a great accomplishment. WAY TO GO GIRL!

Jessica and Reece said...

I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but YOU ARE AMAZING. I hope to write a post like this one NEXT year :)

Benita said...

megan you are amazing!! i am so proud of you! seriously you make me want to run one so bad.. and then i get on the treadmill and i'm like oh yeah... i remember why i hate running :) i'm so glad i got to see you finish!!

Jessica and Reece said...

Also, I MUST know: who made it to the finale of Biggest Loser??? I'm very impatient.

The Smith Clan said...

Megan! One word summs it all up!
AWESOME!!!!! We'reo proud of you!

Millar said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

rosemarie said...

You are indeed AWESOME!!!! Congrats, proud of you.

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet
coach diaper bag
nfl jersey
michael kors purses sale
nike air max
burberry sale
cheap authentic stitched nfl jerseys
cheap wholesale jordans
celine outlet
clarks shoes sale
cheap nike shoes
north face jackets
hermes outlet online
michael kors outlet online
hermes belt
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
cheap vans
oakley sunglasses outlet
jordan 6 infrared
white converse
michael kors factory outlet
gucci outlet
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
hermes outlet online
columbia outlet store
michael kors outlet store
fitflop outlet online
coach factory outlet
michael kors store
columbia sportswear outlet
jordan shoes for cheap
mbt shoes
north face outlet
jordan retro 11
hermes scarf
timberland outlet
jordan 13
tiffany
nike shoes
converse shoes sale
michael kors
coach outlet
coach handbags outlet
20160715yxj

Obat Gatal Berair di Ketiak said...


Thank you very helpful article

Cara Mengobati Benjolan di leher
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Typus
Penyebab Kulit Tangan Mengelupas
Obat Mata Juling Alami
Obat Kanker Rahim Paling Ampuh
Cara Mengobati Sakit Pinggang