Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Website/New Recipies Double yay!

I like to eat. I like to cook. I like what I eat and cook to be healthy, soooo I often find myself perusing through online recipes to find new great ways to eat deliciously healthy.

You'd better believe I was happy when I stumbled upon a new website full of healthy recipes!
I LOVE that at the bottom of each recipe, the full nutritional information is included.

Here is one recipe that I'm excited to try!

Chicken in Shells

Servings: 6


Ingredients:

• 18 jumbo pasta shells
• 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese
• 3/4 cup skim milk
• 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers drained, chopped or one 4-ounce jar diced pimiento, drained (no oil pack)
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
• 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
• 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain well.

In a heavy small saucepan stir light cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the milk over medium-low heat until smooth. Stir in remaining milk. Stir in sweet peppers or pimiento and Parmesan cheese; heat through.

In a large bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the sauce (place remaining sauce aside), the chicken, broccoli, onion, and black pepper. Using a small spoon, stuff shells with 2 to 3 tablespoons filling. Place in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.

To serve, cook and stir remaining sauce over low heat until heated through. Put 3 shells on each serving plate. Spoon sauce over shells. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs.

Per Serving: 341 Calories
9g Fat (24.4% calories from fat), 5g Saturated Fat
30g Protein
34g Carbohydrate
3g Dietary Fiber
69mg Cholesterol
325mg Sodium
Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

No comments: