Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gotcha!

I'm it. I was tagged by Jen the other day, and Katy gave me a stylish blogger award as well, and so I'm combing the two. Is that against the rules? pssssh...what rules? Seven random things about me...GO.

1. I am naturally a blonde.
 Like...really blonde. About two years ago I was SO bored with my hair I decided to dye it dark. My family didn't recognize me. Lot's of people I haven't seen in a while still don't. I can't decide which I like better now. Feel free to give your input! ;)

2. I love the beach.
I love all things warm, sunny, and bright. Hence all my complaining about winter. I love being tan and eating fresh produce and riding my cruiser all over town. All things summery. I took this pic of my friends when we were in San Diego this summer, and it might be my favorite picture I've ever taken. Pretty sweet, eh?

3. I love to dress up for any occasion.

Sometimes life is just more fun in a costume. 

4. I have the most incredible family in. the. world.
I don't know where I would be or who I would be without them. They are my life support, my strength, and my happiness. I love spending time with them. They are some of the kindest, funniest, most sincere people I know. We always have a little missing spot in our hearts for my older brother that was killed in a car accident. He was hit head on by a drunk driver, and it is an event that has definitely changed my life. It has made me appreciate life and realize how important the people we love are. A large part of the happiness in my life is knowing that I will get to be with my family forever.

5. I LOVE frozen yogurt.
Anytime. Any place. Anywhere.
6. I wear black like 95 percent of the time.
 Not in like a...I'm a gothic...sort of way, but in a...I think it's always classy and slimming sort of way. Everyone makes fun of me for it. I add in splashes of color here and there, but I like my black. I think I refuse to wear white. I think it's unflattering on me. I own 2 white shirts and they both have black stripes. And nope, those aren't my glasses. They aren't even real.
7. I am terrified of heights. 
 This summer a bunch of friends and I went rock climbing in Moab, Utah and it was one of the scariest things I've ever done. Climbing up was easy. I got up there pretty dang fast actually. Then I made the mistake of turning to look down and I was absolutely terrified. Backing over the edge to repel down was REALLY scary. Yikes. I did it though!
So there you have it. C'est moi. Probably more than you care to know.
I tag my new blog friend Jenn at RunningSane. He blog is awesome! Check it out if you haven't :)

Also...I'm going to pick the winner for the Resolutions Remix Giveaway tomorrow. So if you haven't entered you have until midnight tonight! 

Do you wear a certain color all the time? Any blackies like me? Any want to come eat frozen yogurt with me? ;)

love you lots xoxoxo

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wouldn't have guessed you as a blonde! I think I like the brunette. But..you're gorgeous either way!

I seriously have mostly black, grey and brown in my closet. I wish I was more adventurous fashion wise but I tend to stick to solid color wear. :)

Katy said...

I really like both hair colors!!

I wear as much purple as I can buy. I love it.

Unknown said...

I never would have guessed blonde - I really like your hair darker...but I'd have to see the blonde in person to give final judgement! I was actually blonde until like 14, then I just kept dying it blonde until I got dumped by some guy in college and needed a change - went dark and never really went back.

I had no idea about your brother! That's awful! Drunk people suck! Good thing for our beliefs!

And I love black too! It just looks the best, well unless you forgot to use your lint roller or go bowling!

Anonymous said...

i wear lots and lots of pink. i used to wear lots of dark colors but have really gotten into my girlie side hahah

Unknown said...

hehe, I am naturally blonde too. But now I am dark, I like it. I like black, greys, and green. We're so similar!
LC

Shannon said...

I think you look great both brunette and blond.

When I was in high school I wore a ton of black, and there was a rule among my friends that if any of them wore pink one day, they had to wear black the next to even it out (I don't like pink). I still wear a lot of black and neutral colors, wear purples and blues, also. I have to wear white for work... stupid waitressing uniform.

I would love to come eat frozen yogurt with you! I don't even remember what it tastes like, it's been so long since I've had it...

And I LOVE the beach picture!

Karrissa Winward said...

Love you Megan! And I actually love your blond hair! There aren't many natural blond adults so I would embrace it!! You of course look gorgeous as a brunette too! :)

COLORADOctor said...

you're super cute as a blonde- but I really love the brunette! I used to wear so much black and white but have recently branched out to lots of color. Still, black is always classic (and slimming :-P)

Jenn said...

I am SO well prepared for a funeral around here. LOVE black! You look totally different with blonde hair! Fantastic both ways!!

OK-I made that banana bread you posted awhile ago yesterday. Really good! Yeah...it's pretty much gone....

#4. So sorry about your brother. So tough....My sister was killed in a car accident too. Sounds like you have an awesome family! I can't imagine my life without my 4 sisters/BFF's!!

I will get working on that tag! Have a great night:)

Jen said...

I can't believe how different you look as a blond! I like the dark better, I think. And that picture of everyone jumping is SO cool! I loved reading more about you. The picture of your family is great. Sorry to hear about your brother. It really puts everything else in life in perspective. Great stuff!

Unknown said...

These may be the best 7 things, ever! Shoot, I assumed you were already tagged or I would have tagged you. :) 'Cause you are my favorite and all.

You used to be a blondie!? I went brunette recently and am still in the phase of getting back to the blonde I was before. I still have a darker blonde kind of thing going on right now. I'm takin' it slowww. I liked the brown but then I kind of freaked out and didn't recognize myself anymore.
I felt like I was in costume or something.

That beach picture is amazing (especially because it's San Diego!)

You do have the best family ever.

Unknown said...

oh yes, and I live in black. LIVE IN IT.

Nichole Barney said...

I love you Megs and all the seven things about you that make you you! I love how we like the same things and have so much fun when we get to see each other. When I saw that repelling picture before I thought you were the bomb because I am so afraid of heights too! Genes really do run thick don't they! I love you and think you are so amazing as blonde or brunette I think you are beautiful either way!

Nicole said...

I wear black all of the time too! I'm trying to branch out but I love it.
That's an awesome rock climbing picture. Rock climbing is on my bucket list.