Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reality Television At It's Finest.

Tomorrow is the day. The day I get discovered. Well, probably not, but it is the day my 9th grade self's dreams come true.

Back in September MTV came to Elevate looking for a place where one of their reality TV stars could come and train due to her relocation from California to Utah. The show they were working on was based around overweight high school students who wanted to change their lives by losing weight. At the time, the show had no name, and the fact that they were filming here was to be kept on the DL. They ended up choosing our gym, because it's awesome...duh...and guess who got to be the one who gives her the grand tour.

Yes, you guessed correctly, moi.

I was mic'd and everything. Don't ask me what I said, did, or looked like. I'm sure I look like a total fool. Nonetheless, my MTV debut will be on tomorrow at 8 PM MST. The TV show is called, "I Used To Be Fat," and a few episodes have already aired. If I am in the show it will probably only be for a few seconds, but we all have to start somewhere in our reality television careers. Maybe my filming didn't even make the cut? We shall see...

Wish me luck. Come tomorrow, I'm sure the paparazzi will be banging my door down.
Oh, and if I do make the episode...I'll have no snide remarks about the fool I make of myself. Aaathankyou.

15 comments:

Katy said...

Awww, that's super fun! Congrats!

COLORADOctor said...

ohmygosh I too am waiting to be famous. Hopefully you still blog after you get your big break tomorrow :-P

A Prelude To... said...

I've TOTALLY been watching that show!! I'm obsessed with it :-)
The three they've shown so far have each lost like 90 pounds in about 3.5 - 4 months.
I'll keep my eye out for you!!

Unknown said...

I've seen that show! I'll be watching for you....and then I'll be by for your autograph;)

Keri said...

Hahaha too funny! I will have to check it out...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I've totally been watching that show. Found it on accident and now it's my new guilty pleasure.

Woohoo miss movie star!

Unknown said...

Well crap! I better be able to Hulu it or I'll be disappointed. No TV remember?

Wow. You are so famous now. Will you still be my friend? Or will I just be one of those lame non-famous people you "used to know"??

;) This is so cool.

Unknown said...

THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!! I have a secret fantasy to be on a few of those trashy shows....so good thing you will be started out on a good one! I have already set the DVR - I can't wait to see!

Stephanie said...

Awesome!!! I don't have cable so you're going to have to get video and post it!

Heather said...

That's so cool!! If I had cable I would definitely be watching for you! :) You'll have to let us know if you end up on it!

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is soo cool! I don't watch much t.v but i hope i remember to tune in to catch you! Yay you! I mentioned you today on my blog and I really hope I got your blog name right this time. Muncher Cruncher or Munch Crunch? I see it both ways.

Nicole said...

I know exactly what you're talking about and it's awesome! I watched an episode on Saturday. It's a great show in that they help overweight teens, but the one I watched was sad because of the boy's family. Basically the whole family was overweight and the mom kept saying it was their heritage, and in reality the boy was just a product of his environment and the way he was raised. Anyway, he ended getting healthier and it was a good show in the end. It would be great if you had a cameo appearance :)

Trav and Linds said...

I can't wait to see it!!!!

Karen R said...

You are famous! :)

I hope you make the cut and get on the show!

Jen said...

Very cool! I'm sure you looked amazing and were very professional! You're so cute!