Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I've Been Converted

Last year on my list of New Years Resolutions I said I wanted to incorporate more yoga into my exercise routine. I'll be honest, I increased my yoga attendance by about .03 percent. I meant well, I did. However, It just didn't happen. This year, on the other hand, I have become a yoga practicing fool...and I LOVE IT. I have been doing at least one, if not two or three, classes a week and I am such a fan. When class is over I always feel worked, stretched, and very happy.

Last night I convinced my darling friend Janae and her husband to come to Power Yoga at The LAB with me. It was SO MUCH FUN. I took this pic from her blog...thanks girl...
I actually laughed when I saw this because I was reminded that I really am a midget. Billy, her husband had never been to yoga before and he totally rocked it, handstands and all. Janae, who is the cutest lil' prego thing I've ever seen, was also amazing. I'm fairly certain their child is going to come out running a 4 minute mile, wearing a gold medal around her neck...just saying. These people are athletes!

Some of the reasons I have loved doing yoga so much is because I feel like it is so beneficial for the body! Stretching is something that most of us don't do enough of, and yoga challenges both flexibility and strength. With all of the lifting and running I do, it is a great change up. It is also a great time to relax and meditate. Let's be honest here, it's good for the body and the soul.

We are currently offering two yoga classes at The LAB, and we are working on adding more in as we speak. The classes we do have are;

Power Yoga 6:45 PM Monday nights
Restorative Yoga 7:30 AM Saturday Mornings

You can come and try your first class for free, so if you are wanting to give it a shot, come and do so! Drop in rates are $10 per class, and we also have punch cards available.

ALSO...I am offering another FREE Barre Bootcamp class on Wednesday night. It will be from 7:00-8:00 PM. Come, and bring your friends with you! I promise it's a good workout, and your core/buns/thighs will thank you :) If you have any questions let me know!

Do you practice yoga? If so, what is your favorite kind of yoga?

9 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

That's great that Janae and Billy were able to come do yoga with you!

I love your purse in that picture, by the way. Very cute and one of my favorite colors!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

You are the greatest, we really had so much fun with you:) She better come out running ha! I really want to come to the Wednesday night class too. I need to talk to Cody! I am converted to yoga too, I get a little high after class! LOVE YOU!

Marissa said...

I never realized you were that short :)
LOVe yoga! I read somewhere that it's more energizing than caffeine and I totally believe it. Even if I just do a couple minutes to start my morning I feel more awake. I've taken classes but have found teachers can either make it or break it for me and I prefer to do it on my own.

Whitney said...

Ok Megan your blog is SO fun! I did p90x yoga last summer and it was definitely a love/hate relationship :) I want to come to one of your classes!

Anonymous said...

That'll get the heart racing, provide a good metabolic core workout, and hammer your arms and legs. You get to line the pace and the volume of work and when you improve, so will the quantity of rounds you can easily complete.

Anonymous said...

I've done yoga a few times but never fell in love with it. I try and get my stretching in with my extreme pilates class. I'm coming to Utah this summer and I seriously think I'm adding an extra day to my trip so I can do a barre class. It looks like such a blast.

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister

yanmaneee said...

curry 5 shoes
kyrie shoes
yeezy
fila shoes
adidas tubular
westbrook shoes
kanye west yeezy
golden goose sneakers
retro jordans
adidas nmd