Tuesday, June 26, 2012

If You Were Wondering Where I Get it From...

I know that my family and I are very similar in our likes and our dislikes. However, last night was a definite representation of just how similar we are.

My sister and mom were determining what we should have for dinner, and they decided that a salad bar sounded good. I, of course, agreed. I am never one to turn down a salad bar.
 I think this is SUCH an awesome idea to feed a group because everyone can make their salad however they like it. We had rotisserie chicken, kidney beans, hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, avocado, pineapple, tomatoes, olives, beets, carrots, diced almonds, and sunflower seeds. SO, SO, GOOD! I had everything except the kidney beans. My family hardly has a meal without a fruit platter.
 Doesn't that just look awesome? It was. I can vouch for it's awesomeness. My salad looked a little something like this...
 Yum right? After we all ate we decided our night wouldn't be complete without a little bit of frozen yogurt to top it off. Like I said, surprised as you may be, this wasn't my idea either! My family and I really are just one and the same. No wonder I like them so much. ;)
 Aren't these ladies just beautiful? I sure do love them, and their stripes.
 My sister had a look-alike walk in, so we tried to be very sneaky and get a photo of them together.
 It is very clear that we really like our frozen yogurt, and that we have great balance.
As I was thinking about how similar I am to my family members, I began to think of the positive effect we have on one another, and that all families can have one each other. One family member can have such a great impact on the rest of the family as far as introducing healthy food items and even getting others involved in exercise and physical activity. My challenge to you would be to evaluate yourself and the role you are playing with your family. Are you having a positive influence on those who are around you, or are you having a negative influence? What can you do to change the influence your are having? Just some food for thought...

What does your family love to do together? Do you feel like you are an active and healthy family, or an unhealthy one? Have you tried to implement healthy habits in the lives of those you love?

2 comments:

Rachelle Wardle said...

Your family is absolutely adorable. You all dress so dang cute, I love it!

Enjoy your time in AZ!

Suz and Allan said...

Your family is precious! Hope you are having a fun time but if fro yo is any indication then you are having a blast!