Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Favorites

I get a lot of questions about my favorite this or that, so I thought I'd give you a list of some of my favorites as of late. 

Snacks:
- Oh Boy Oh Berto Natural Teriyaki Turkey Jerky. I get the double pack of this from Costco because it is a smoking deal, and it helps me to be sure I get some protein in me even when I am really low on time. 
- Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds. I LOVE these. LOVE . LOVE. LOVE. I love almonds anyways, but these have a little sweetness to them, and they can come to the rescue for chocolate cravings. 
- Baby Carrots. I go through phases with these. I try not to overdose on the carrots because they are a little higher in sugars and carbohydrates, but they are another easy way to get some nutrients on the go.
- Pink Lady apples. Oh my delicious. If you want a crisp apple, these are AWESOME.
- String Cheese. Apparently I've been in a big hurry lately, because this is another portable snack I can grab and eat as I am running out the door. Easy and delicious.

Exercises:
- Kettle Bell Lunge Passes. You could do these with a single dumbbell as well.  Start standing with the kettle bell in your right hand. Step back into a reverse lunge with your right leg, pass the kettle bell underneath your left leg to your right hand, and return to standing. Repeat the same motion, stepping back with your left leg, and passing the kettle bell under your right leg to your right hand.
- Walking push up pyramid. Start standing. With legs as straight as possible bend over and put your hands on the ground. Walk out to a push up position. Do 10 push ups. Walk the hands back, and stand again. Repeat, and on the next round do 9 push ups, then 8, 7, etc. Stopping at 1.
- Burpees with a pushup. Sucky as they may be, they make for an awesome addition to any workout.
(Although my clients may disagree)

Athleticwear:
- Nike climacool half zip pullover. (As seen here) It has thumb holes. Who doesn't love thumb holes?
- Nike Free's (Sans Halloween socks)

- North Face Coat. This becomes a part of my winter uniform because it keeps me so warm! Best purchase ever. If you don't have a winter coat, you should probably consider this one.
This pic was taken tonight at the Riverwoods holiday lighting celebration. Christmas is upon us my friend, and I couldn't be happier. 

Songs:
- Jump, Rihanna. My neighbor just showed me this one, and it was insta-love. AMAZING. 
- The Lucky One, Taylor Swift. 
-  Die Young, Ke$ha. Maybe I should start spelling my last name with a dollar sign . $mith is way cooler than Smith. 

I hope your weekend is Amazing! TGIF!! 

2 comments:

Scott Knudson said...

man what an awesome neighbor you have

Mel said...

I need to get some of that jerky, I love jerky and that brand is one of the only ones I can find regularly that is GF (not sure about that flavor)