She's so adorable I can hardly stand it!We call my mom, "Hurricane Elaine," because she is always going 90 million miles an hour doing amazing things. She is a health nut, a fabulous quilter, a great cook/chef/baker, she entertains like nobody's business, she's crafty, she has a heart of gold, she is a spiritual giant, she is always smiling, and she makes me want to be a better person. She is just amazing. I wish I could hang out with her all the time!!
Mom - I hope you have an INCREDIBLE birthday! You deserve it. Thanks for being such an amazing role model in my life. When I grow up I want to be just like you!! xoxoxo
On other notes:
- My Ipod still isn't working. I ran yesterday listening to Pandora on my phone and tried to not be sad about it. I'm pretending like it's not true :(
- Speaking of running...I ran 5 miles yesterday with no foot pain. HALLELUJAH! I haven't ran in what seems like forever because I've been trying to let my ankle/foot get all back to normal. I'm still going to keep it low key, but I was itching for some running yesterday. I won't be running a ton for not because I am still focusing on lifting weights more.
- My darling and sweetest neigbor brought me over a $20 gift card to The Pizza Factory to say thanks for everything in Powell. Best surprise ever? Yes.
- There is approximately 9 days until my birthday. I will be 27 on the 21st...I hate the thought of turning 27 is that weird? Probably.
- I have been shopping for my Halloween costume. I LOVE Halloween, and dressing up. It is just so dang fun. I think I have my outfit secured. Can't wait to show y'all.
- I have made a MAJOR correlation between my eating and my desire to workout. I have had such a crazy past couple days that I haven't felt like my eating has been as good as it could been, and I've noticed my workouts have been mentally harder for me. For some reason I feel like if I am not on top of my game eating-wise my workouts won't be as beneficial. Weird and untrue thought process, BUT I'm glad I've figured this out about myself. Even more motivation to eat better.
- In regards to yesterday's post about how to lose weight and achieve your goal weight once and for all, a few of you wondered if I cut sugar out completely. When I cut out sugar I cut out as much as possible. We're not just talking about candy and treats, but also about processed foods that contain sugar too. I also find that it helps me to lower my fruit intake a bit. I know that is natural sugar, but it is still sugar nonetheless. I do, however, make one exception for myself and that is fat free frozen yogurt. Yes, it still contains sugar, but if I can have it once and a while I curb my sweet tooth and it makes not eating other sugar more manageable.
Do you ever see a correlation between your eating patterns and your exercise habits? Or am I the only crazy one? I hope you have successfully made it to Wednesday and that the rest of your week is looking fabulous! Have a great day :) xoxoxo Megs
p.s. Don't forget to enter October's Sickeningly Sweet Music Mix Giveaway if you already haven't! :)