1. Orowheat Whole Wheat Bagel Thins are BOMB. They help to lower the carb count in your diet if you are looking to do so. They have some substance to them so they are tasty. They are only 110 calories. They still have some fiber and protein and they are delicious. I like them with turkey sandwiches (as pictured above), with tuna, or even open faced in the oven with some marinara, spinach and a little mozzarella. Try them. You will be in love.
2. The only way to buy your slow cooked oats is at Costco. It is the best deal. This box comes with two separate five pound bags so one stays perfect and fresh while you soldier through the other. If you are anything like me...soldiering through oats is what I do best.
3. Edamame in individual frozen packets is an AMAZING quick protein source. Three minutes in the microwave and you have 13 beautiful grams of protein for 156 calories. This is an amazing afternoon snack, or side to any meal. I got this one at Costco. (I promise I have no affiliation with them aside from the fact that I like to give them lots of money in exchange for produce.) I have seen similar individual packs at different grocery stores as well.
4. I am a huge fan of buying veggie trays for my produce for the week. I ditch the dip that comes with it and use my own low-fat versions of ranch or hummus. I love this option because the veggies are ready to eat and you get a variety. I'll snack on these for the next week or so with dip, in salads, oven roasted, or even thrown in some cottage cheese like I had for dinner tonight. This method is great for those who need produce on the go.
5. Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate with light whipped topping is my favorite sweet treat in the winter. You can't beat the 25 calorie hot chocolate packets, and the whipped topping for an additional 20 calories makes you almost feel decadent. It's good. Promise.
There you have it. My two cents for the week. Do you have two cents you'd like to add?