Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thank You Matt Lauer

Happy Hump Day! This morning I had a break in between clients, and was able to get some good cardio in. While doing some intervals on the elliptical I watched the Today Show. I was happy as can be. I started thinking about how ridiculous I can be about the shows that come on while I work out. The only time I ever watch TV is when I'm at the gym. Unless I put on a HULU'd show while I cook, so I think that is why i get so excited. My morning schedule changes depending on when my clients are coming for the day, so it's always a little different.

If I get to work out at 7:00 AM I'm excited because MTV and VH1 have music videos playing. I love getting new music from seeing all the videos. Oh Lil's Wayne...that voice gets me every time.
If I get to work out at 8:00 AM I'm excited about watching the Today Show. I don't know what it is...but I LOVE the Today Show. I feel like I would be really happy about getting to watch it every day.
9:00 AM reaaallly makes me happy because I think Regis and Kelly is hilarious. Although Kelly is turning into a bit of a diva, which is too bad because I think she is darling. When does she not look absolutely darling? Sheesh. This also means I can flip back and forth between the Regis & Kelly and the Today Show. BONUS.
10:00 AM calls for Good Things Utah and Rachel Ray. By the time I finish working out and watching her show I'm usually starving. 
I'm a little less excited to work out at 11:00 AM because TV starts to get super lame unless something is on the food network or I can catch a rerun of Tori and Dean on Oxygen. Sometimes The View is alright, but it's not my favorite.
3:00 brings Ellen, which I didn't know I liked until a few months ago. She is funny...and she usually has some pretty good guests. 
The classic Oprah at 4:00 is always a good one too. It's funny how I get sucked in to Oprah, and sometimes end up in tears?? How does she do that? I don't even really like her that much, but her show...phenomenal. Sometimes there are also reruns of Friends on about this time, which makes my day. Could we get them to start playing Friends in the cardio cinema? I might workout for hours if that was the case.
Am I a total nerd or do you watch TV while you work out too? I feel like it totally take my mind off of how long or hard I've been going, and keeps me burning lot of calories. Listening to music is always a bonus for me too. My workout playlists have gotten me through many a sweaty mile. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good TV-less workout too. Sometimes me, my music, and the open road make for the best workouts ever.

I have a new idea. I LOVE making over non-healthy recipes into healthy recipes that are still delicious and full of flavor. I want you to send me your recipes that need making over. Do you have favorites that don't seem to be fitting in to your diet? Let's change that. Food can be good and figure friendly too! Send me your recipes at megolina21@gmail.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always glance at the tv when I do my cardio, but always have my ipod on. Now that I have less cardio to do I generally plan for it on nights my hockey team plays lol

Nicole said...

Haha, I love this! I used to watch TV more at my college gym where they had TVs on a lot of the cardio machines and they had better channels. My gym these days just has a few large flat screen without headphone hookups on the machines so I watch ESPN sometimes.
I like your healthy makeover idea. I'll let you know if I think of anything!

Unknown said...

I work out in the mornings and always watch Regis and Kelly...LOVE it! And sometimes I catch CSI marathons, if I'm really there that long;)

Shannon said...

Definitely watch TV while working out. I was excited to go to the gym late enough last night to catch Wheel of Fortune. I had been going about the time that Cash Cab was on, and sometimes if I go early enough in the mornings I watch Will & Grace.

Katy said...

I LOVE watching tv when I'm doing cardio. We have a tv right in front of the equipment here on base, and it is ALWAYS on ESPN. So on football days I'm super happy, and always have better workouts, since I'm distracted.

However, I barely glance over the rest of the time since football is my thang, and the other sports don't really capture my attention...

In the states I used to watch Golden Girls, though. I love those crazy ladies!

Anonymous said...

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to
contribute & help other customers like its helped me.
Great job.

my web site :: pharmacy tech schools