Sunday, August 12, 2012

Farewell to the Olympics!

I don't know about you, but I'm a little bit sad the Olympics are over! I had so much fun watching all of these amazing athletes doing incredible things!
Some of my favorite highlights...
- The women's gymnastics team taking the GOLD in the all around
- Watching the US women's volleyball team kill it for the their 3rd olympic gold
- Watching Usain Bolt. UnREAL.
- Michael Phelps taking home his 22nd medal.
- Shalane Flannagan (2:25:51) and Kara Goucher (2:26:07)taking 10th and 11th in the womens olympic marathon. I can't even comprehend those times. 
- Watching the womens 4x100 relay...new record for the US and a new world record.
and on and on and on...
There are endless stories of triumph, defeat, an amazing effort that just give me the chills! I am absolutely amazed that people can continue to become better and better and better in every sport. Records are continually broken. The limits of the human body are pushed further and further. It should be a reminder to all of us that we are capable of so much more than we think we are. Don't give up on your goals, on your dreams, and on the things that may seem somewhat hard at times. Push yourself to be your best self. Push yourself to do things that may seem hard. There is such an amazing feeling that comes from accomplishing things that are difficult, and quite often you will end up realizing that you are capable of much more than you give yourself credit for.

Oh, and just as amazing as the athletes...the parents of the athletes.
If you haven't watched the video of Aly Raisman's parents watching her routine...click HERE and scroll to the bottom. It is AWESOME.
Oh, and did I forget to mention that I loved being a part of the olympics?
I came home to this gem posted on a reminder for my neighborhood about a party that was going on. I'm guessing this is as close as I'll get to olympic greatness, so I'll take it.
What were your favorite olympic moments? Do you feel as inspired as I do to push yourself a little bit harder to achieve your goals??