Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer is ending...isn't it...?

UGH. I know that saying, "all good things must come to an end," but that doesn't mean I have to like it. There are a few things that always let me know really quickly that summer is over.

1. The first thing that always reminds me that my favorite time of year is over is that everyone leaves me.
It has become a trend for my family members to venture to Utah for the summer to enjoy some down time, and although it is always CRAZY when they are here, I love it.
We work out together. We swim together. We craft together. We eat together. We laugh together...and somewhere in between all of that I fit in sleeping, working, and a social life. We go a million miles a minute, and I love it.  Then, all of the sudden everyone leaves...and it always makes me sad! I had to say goodbye to the last of the visitors yesterday.
 And so instead of dealing with the realization that everyone is gone, I hopped in the car with these fine individuals and ventured to Arizona for a few days... :)
 My dad insists on stopping at the Cracker Barrel every time we drive through Flagstaff. Oh, the Cracker Barrel...

2. The second thing that always reminds me that summer is ending is quite a bit happier, and makes dealing with the blow a little easier. FRESH PEACHES! Oh my gosh I forgot how much I love fresh Utah peaches.
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Fresh produce is the best thing ever. If you want your family to learn to love healthy fruits and vegetables, stop feeding them canned stuff, and give them the GOODS! There is nothing better than the fresh and delicious taste of fresh produce. FRESH PEACHES people. I'm telling you. They are worth coming to Utah for. My mom bought a whole box to bring back with her to Arizona. They are that good.

I'm still sad that summer is ending. Hearing everyone talking about going back to school is so crazy to me. When did time start flying by so dang quickly?

3 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

My dad loves Cracker Barrel too! I've been eating quite a few peaches this summer as well. They are so delicious!

Rachelle Wardle said...

I love Summer!!!! Best season ever times a million.

Smith Clan said...

I have to say, you mentioned all my same sentiments. Just loved all the fun times this summer. It was so fun! Thanks for the awesome memories!!!