Monday, March 31, 2008

Once you pop, the fun don't stop


Ever since i was little i have memories of Sunday nights at home with my family, and the big silver bowl full of my dad's famous air-popped popcorn. It was just what we did, and i loved every minute of it. Due to moving out and the lack of my own air-popper I took a leave of absence from this delicious delicacy. Well, thank goodness for Benita's air-popper & the revival of my favorite snack. I think between me and my roommates popcorn is made at least 3 times a week. My recipe consists of air-popped popcorn with a little bit of spray butter and salt. SO delicious, and a very nutritious snack at that. Popcorn is high in fiber, high in protein, low fat and low cal (only 31 calories in one cup). If you don't have an air-popper you can find them for like ten dollars at walmart, or there are some great low fat brands of microwave popcorn. But, this post comes with a warning. It's very addictive ;)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Thanks for sharing with me during our karate kid bonding time. Kernels are at the top of my grocery list this week, I don't think I can make it through finals without my popcorn fix!

kiley barney said...

i love the blog!