To make the Angel Food Cake:
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Separate eggs; discard yolks or refrigerate for another use. Measure egg whites, adding or removing whites as needed to equal 1-1/2 cups. Place in a mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift confectioners' sugar and flour together and set aside. Add cream of tartar, extracts and salt to egg whites; beat on high speed. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Fold in flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely before removing cake from pan.
I'd top the cake with fat free whipped cream or cool whip and a mixture of whatever berries that you like. I like to cut up strawberries and add some splenda to them to give them a little added sweetness. SOOO good. I promise.