Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Inagural Bike Ride and a Return to Paleo

The weather this weekend was awesome. I loved it. All I wanted to do was be outside. (Happy sigh) Because the weather was so great outside I got to dust of my sweet lil' beach cruiser, and SB and I for the first bike ride of the season! It was so much fun.
It made me almost wish I lived in a little place where I could just ride my bike allover all day...until we came home and I remembered that my pleasant bike ride quickly turns into what could be a hard core spin class. My bike has no gears, so hills give your legs a workout!

I started feeling much better on Saturday, and was actually able to eat. Awesome, I know. I stocked up on fresh goods at Costco, and I picked back up where I left off Paleo-wise. It seems like the majority of my diet is consisting of eggs, chicken, and roasted veggies.
 I have always loved roasted veggies, but I can't get enough these days. When time is short, and you want to be able to eat healthy just roast a big batch, and divvy them out for the days to come. Today I did a medley of broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, and a sweet potato. SO GOOD. Try THIS recipe here. You will be so glad you did, promise.

Workout for the day
Cardio: 20 minutes of intervals on the elliptical
Weights: 50 minutes of full body

- 3 sets of 15 assisted pullups

3 sets of each alternating between each exercise:
- 12 single leg squats with a bicep curl on the left (15 lb)
- 12 single leg squats with a bicep curl on the right (15 lb)
- 12 squats with dumbbells (20 lb db)

3 sets of each alternating between each exercise:
- 12 chest flies with dumbbells (20 lb db)
- 12 triceps kick backs with dumbbells (15 lb db)
- 1 minute plank with 25 lb plate on my back

3 sets of each alternating between each exercise:
- 12 upright row to a dead lift
- 12 step ups on the right leg (quick tempo)
- 12 step ups on the left (quick tempo)

Ab Work
15 leg extension hip raises
20 leg climbers
15 pilates crunches
40 cherry pickers
20 v-sits

DONE!


Have you been able to get outside and enjoy the warm weather yet? Do you like roasted veggies? If you have never tried them you really really need to!

Don't forget to enter my March Musicality Mix Giveaway! You have until Friday March 30th at Midnight!

5 comments:

Running Girl said...

Love roasted veggies! We had a hint of spring over the weekend (I'm in Seattle), but that's been pretty much it. It's chilly here!

Amanda said...

I love roasted veggies! I need to get better about cooking - this week, I have been living on cereal and Subway at home, but your post just inspired me to cook tomorrow!

Amanda

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

Meg, what is a cherry picker? I have asked a trainer at the gym and tried to google it but I can't seem to get an answer :). Help!!!

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister