If you are in Utah county, or if you are looking for a road trip...you should come do some Saturday yoga with me! We are offering free a free restorative Yoga Class every Saturday morning from 7:30-8:45 for the month of March. The teacher is AWESOME, and It really will start your Saturday off right. If you'd like more info about it leave me your email address!
I had planned to do a long run today, but I decided to mix it up a bit. I did 95 minutes of intervals on the elliptical instead. I watched this past week's episode of The Biggest Loser while I worked out, and I was completely captivated. If you are looking for something to motivate you while you are working out that will certainly do the trick.
I have had a few of you ask for some updates on how my first week of paleo has gone. Here it goes in bullet-ted form...because that is just the way I do things.
- Breakfast was the hardest transition for me. This week I have either had 3 whole eggs or 3 oz of turkey jerky and some berries. Turkey jerkey for breakfast? I know...weird. Cody gave me the tip to check out Costco's natural turkey jerky. It is the Oh Boy Oberto! brand, and it is so good. It is a great snack you can take with you for those of you who are looking to eat some protein on the go.
- I haven't felt hungry. I am eating a TON of veggies, fruits, and lean proteins. Ok, I should rephrase that...I get hungry when it is time to eat, but I eat my good meals and then I feel satisfied. I don't go to bed feeling hungry in the slightest.
- There have definitely been ups and downs. It hasn't been entirely easy. The food plan itself requires will power, planning, and determination to stick to it. My philosophy in life with a healthy diet is the 80 percent rule. I think that 80 percent of how you look is diet, and 20 percent is exercise. I also think that if you can eat perfectly 80 percent of the time, you can stand to be not so perfect the other 20 percent. I'd say with this past week I have been pretty on my game. I did not tell myself I was going to give up my diet dr pepper one hundred percent, because I was already feeling like I was giving up a LOT. So, I told myself I was going to do my absolute best to not drink it because all artificial sweeteners are out in the paleo plan, and I think it is better to not drink it. I am pretty proud of myself in that area. I went all week without even a drop. I did have one today though, and I sure did savor it.
- I have HAD to be prepared. I had to be sure I had fresh produce and good protein. Funny how all of the convenience foods are the foods we should probably eat less of, and yet we usually end up eating more.
- I have eaten a LOT of chicken. It's times like these that I wish I liked fish...
- I am down two pounds on the scale
- I am loving that I have coworkers and clients doing this with me. It is always so great to have a support system to bounce ideas off of.
- I think the first week of anything is the hardest! So, I'm excited to see how next week treats me :)
Do you practice yoga? Do you have any awesome healthy chicken recipes that I should be trying to mix things up??