Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PROOF: You don't need a lot of equipment to get your sweat on.

Happy Tuesday Y'all! Like I think I'm from Texas or something? I hope the start to your week has been great. Although coming home from vacation is always a little bit rough, I am always glad to get back into my own eating and exercise routine.

This morning my workout was extremely simple, but killer. I have done workouts similar to this one in the past, but anything combined with 8,000,000,000 burpees is always a guaranteed sweat fest.  All you need for this workout is a kettle bell or a dumbbell. Which means, you can do this workout ANYWHERE.
I used a 20 lb Kettlebell for my workout. I would recommend 15 lbs at least, but if you are just starting out, or you don't have anything else, go with 10 or 12 pounds. If you are using a single dumbbell, just hold one hand on top of the other and swing it that way. You only need to know two exercises for this workout.

1) The Kettlebell swing
2) The Burpee 

Kettlebell Burpee Pyramid Workout
To begin the progression you will do:
20 kettle bell swings
1 burpee

19 kettlebell swings
2 burpees

18 kettlebell swings
3 burpees

17 kettlebell swings
4 burpees

16 kettlebell swings
5 burpees

15 kettlebell swings
4 burpees

14 kettlebell swings
5 burpees

13 kettlebell swings
6 burpees

12 kettlebell swings
7 burpees

11 kettlebell swings
 8 burpees

10 kettlebell swings
9 burpees

9 kettlebell swings
10 burpees...

And you continue on until you get to
1 kettlebell Swing
20 burpees
 
It is VERY simple. It is VERY killer. I was sweating like crazy by the time I finished, and I can already tell you I'm going to be sore.  You should try it, such a great challenge!!
Warning: You may feel this way after... 
Add caption
I have such a love/hate relationship with burpees. They are SO dang hard, but they are SUCH an awesome workout. My clients probably think I love them. ;) 
ALSO...
We are offering one more FREE Barre Bootcamp class at The Lab tomorrow. It has been such a fun class, and we have had a great turnout. Come and try it if you are in the neighborhood. It starts at 7:00. Let me know if you have any questions!


How do YOU feel about burpees? Try this circuit out. It'll get ya!