Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekend Ramblings...

Saturday's are like little drops of heaven. Sunny and warm Saturdays are like little drops of heaven with a cherry on top. Today was one of those. This weekend has been fantastic thus far. Here are some weekend ramblings for you..

- My workouts this week have been AWESOME.
Monday: 60 mins of cross training intervals on the elliptical
Tuesday: Kettlebell Burpee Pyramid workout from Hell = sore inner thighs for a week
Wednesday: 7 mile run up the Provo Canyon Trail & I taught my Barre Bootcamp class = sore on top of sore.
Thursday: Power Lift Circuit: Combo of deadlifts, power cleans, squat presses, overhead presses, and back squats + a one mile sprint.
Friday: 12 mile long run and a sweatshop yoga class
Saturday: Restorative Yoga class + a quick sprint/squat/lunge circuit with some core work

- I have had some pain in my upper back for like the past 6 or 7 weeks. I thought at first that i might have torn or strained my rhomboid or lat muscle, but even when I laid off it for a bit it still really bothered me. Lucky for me there is an awesome chiropractor that comes to our restorative yoga class, and he took a look at my back for me. Turns out I have a rib out of place, and that is what has been killing me. He did an adjustment for me, and gave me some rehab tips. I hope it helps!

- 4 weeks until the marathon. Yowza. That came quick. I am ready to be over with it. I am excited to focus my training more on lifting and circuit workouts!

- I tried Gu Chomps for the first time yesterday and I LOVED them. I usually go with Shotblox, but I decided to switch it up, and they worked like a dream. I don't do well with the Gu gels, the texture isn't my fave.

- I saw The Avengers last night. I was surprised that I actually really liked it. I am usually not one for a superhero movie. However, Robert Downey Jr. made that movie.

- I have a few awesome product reviews coming up. I can't wait to share them!

 - I managed to squeeze in two post-workout lay out sessions in the park. That is happiness right there. I LOVE summer. L-O-V-E. Love. I can't wait for warm nights, outdoor runs, driving with the windows down, family visits, vacations, BBQ's, pool time, night walks, etc. etc. etc. ahhhh I love it!
What is your favorite way to refuel on your long runs? Did you get some good workouts in this week? What are you most excited about this summer??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, as a very health-conscious person, how do you justify laying out? Not trying to be mean, I'm just curious!

sophia blue said...

Great ab routines are complementary in removing excess fat close to your waist. As you become stronger with all your abdominal exercise muscular tissues, you also burn the stored fat which is so hard to get too.

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach factory outlet, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, prada outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, true religion jeans, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, coach purses, tory burch outlet, kate spade handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach outlet store online, louboutin, louboutin outlet, air max, kate spade outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, ray ban pas cher, nike free pas cher, sac louis vuitton, michael kors, sac guess, sac louis vuitton, air max, louis vuitton uk, abercrombie and fitch, oakley pas cher, lululemon, barbour, north face, louboutin, mulberry, polo lacoste, nike air max, vans pas cher, longchamp, vanessa bruno, hollister, hogan outlet, michael kors, air max pas cher, new balance pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, air force, timberland, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike free, north face, sac burberry, hollister, nike tn, nike roshe, sac longchamp, nike trainers, ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, nike blazer, air max, louis vuitton, air jordan, sac hermes

oakleyses said...

ghd, soccer shoes, canada goose, uggs outlet, canada goose jackets, celine handbags, babyliss pro, birkin bag, reebok outlet, abercrombie and fitch, nike huarache, asics running shoes, longchamp, bottega veneta, lululemon outlet, ugg boots, mcm handbags, hollister, valentino shoes, insanity workout, wedding dresses, rolex watches, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg pas cher, canada goose, north face outlet, north face jackets, p90x, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, canada goose outlet, canada goose, ugg australia, beats by dre, mont blanc, herve leger, instyler, vans shoes, mac cosmetics, canada goose uk, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, new balance shoes, ugg, marc jacobs, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

links of london, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, vans, pandora jewelry, lancel, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, moncler, air max, iphone 6 cases, parajumpers, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, montre homme, oakley, ugg, rolex watches, toms shoes, baseball bats, ugg, canada goose, coach outlet store online, converse shoes, hollister, canada goose, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, gucci, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski crystal, converse, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban, wedding dresses, hollister clothing store, swarovski, air max, moncler

oakleyses said...

links of london, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, vans, pandora jewelry, lancel, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, moncler, air max, iphone 6 cases, parajumpers, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, montre homme, oakley, ugg, rolex watches, toms shoes, baseball bats, ugg, canada goose, coach outlet store online, converse shoes, hollister, canada goose, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, gucci, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski crystal, converse, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban, wedding dresses, hollister clothing store, swarovski, air max, moncler