Saturday's are like little drops of heaven. Sunny and warm Saturdays are like little drops of heaven with a cherry on top. Today was one of those. This weekend has been fantastic thus far. Here are some weekend ramblings for you..
- My workouts this week have been AWESOME.
Monday: 60 mins of cross training intervals on the elliptical
Tuesday: Kettlebell Burpee Pyramid workout from Hell = sore inner thighs for a week
Wednesday: 7 mile run up the Provo Canyon Trail & I taught my Barre Bootcamp class = sore on top of sore.
Thursday: Power Lift Circuit: Combo of deadlifts, power cleans, squat presses, overhead presses, and back squats + a one mile sprint.
Friday: 12 mile long run and a sweatshop yoga class
Saturday: Restorative Yoga class + a quick sprint/squat/lunge circuit with some core work
- I have had some pain in my upper back for like the past 6 or 7 weeks. I thought at first that i might have torn or strained my rhomboid or lat muscle, but even when I laid off it for a bit it still really bothered me. Lucky for me there is an awesome chiropractor that comes to our restorative yoga class, and he took a look at my back for me. Turns out I have a rib out of place, and that is what has been killing me. He did an adjustment for me, and gave me some rehab tips. I hope it helps!
- 4 weeks until the marathon. Yowza. That came quick. I am ready to be over with it. I am excited to focus my training more on lifting and circuit workouts!
- I tried Gu Chomps for the first time yesterday and I LOVED them. I usually go with Shotblox, but I decided to switch it up, and they worked like a dream. I don't do well with the Gu gels, the texture isn't my fave.
- I saw The Avengers last night. I was surprised that I actually really liked it. I am usually not one for a superhero movie. However, Robert Downey Jr. made that movie.
- I have a few awesome product reviews coming up. I can't wait to share them!
- I managed to squeeze in two post-workout lay out sessions in the park. That is happiness right there. I LOVE summer. L-O-V-E. Love. I can't wait for warm nights, outdoor runs, driving with the windows down, family visits, vacations, BBQ's, pool time, night walks, etc. etc. etc. ahhhh I love it!
What is your favorite way to refuel on your long runs? Did you get some good workouts in this week? What are you most excited about this summer??