I always like to write out a few goals to work towards for the new year. I think it helps to give you something to work towards, and keeps you motivated. I DON'T think you should set goals that are unrealistic, and will only cause you to beat yourself up. Setting yourself up for failure is the quickest way to make no progress at all. :)
My health goals for 2013 are...
1) Broaden my healthy cooking palate. I want to learn to make at least 12 new dishes, one per month.
2) Take some dance classes. I grew up dancing, and I miss it. It is such an awesome way to workout and I want to get back into it.
3) Keep up my current exercise plan of 3 cardio interval workouts per week & 3 circuit/resistance intervals per week.
4) Improve my plank hold time.
5) Keep exploring the Paleo way of eating.
What are some of your goals for the new year??