Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Goodbye 2012. Hello 2013!! I love the fresh start that the new year brings. We sent 2012 away with a party last night. 

 We have a tradition of making lanterns and sending them off to celebrate.
 Aren't they pretty??
I have always been big into goal setting. I think there is a lot to be said about acknowledging goals, and writing them down, and working towards improvement. I always love looking over my last years goals to see what I've accomplished and what I can still work on. 

My goals from last year were...
1. Run a full Marathon - CHECK! I ran the Utah Valley Marathon with my sister which was a tough/awesome experience.
2. No Candy/Treats/Sugar with the exceptions are frozen yogurt and mentos. - I did pretty well with this one! I think there is always room for improvement. I allowed myself some free days. 
3. Record my food. - I am actually happy to say that I failed with this one. I was an overly diligent food recorder until I started eating Paleo, and then I stopped recording my food which was really scary for me. Up until March 2012 when I started eating paleo I could probably have shown you a food journal from the past 5 years. I have become better at intuitive eating which I never thought was possible with me. (I see a new post in the making) 
4. Improve my photography skills..this translates over into improving my lil' bliggity blog so it counts as health and fitness. I did pretty well with this one, but there is still room for improvement, and I'm happy to say the blog improvement is still in the works! Hopefully to be unveiled this week! 

I'll be posting my new goals for 2013 tomorrow! How did you do on your goals from 2012?? 

1 comment:

natalie @ southern fit foodie said...

I can't wait to see your goals for 2013! One of my biggest resolutions last year was to get into running. I wanted to run consistently and to run something longer than a 5k. I ended up running my first half marathon, and it was amazing! I can't wait to do another one!!!