Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Biggest Loser


I, like many of you I'm sure, have faithfully been tuning in to The Biggest Loser each week. I love the show! (with my job, how could i not...) I think it's so motivational. I love that it gets America thinking about losing weight, and seeing that it IS doable. I of course have some qualms with it...it does give people unrealistic expectations. The contestants are SO closely monitored, fed perfect diets, and are working out for hours and hours a day. Its pretty unlikely...ok near impossible, for a normal person to drop numbers like 12, 15, 19 lbs in a week. A healthy and realistic weight loss would be closer to 2-3 lbs per week. For the most part the only way a person can drop high numbers like that is fad dieting, and in those cases its more likely than not that a person will gain their weight back. There are things that i definitely LOVE about the show. I love that it shows people being pushed to their limits. If there is one thing I'd love to get across to people it is that you are capable of doing so much more than you realize. The people on this show are pushing themselves further than they ever believed they could. If you want results, you have to change your efforts. You have to do more. I LOVE the fact that the show focuses a lot on the fact that weight loss isn't a quick fix, its a lifestyle change. The contestants completely change their activity level, their eating habits. and their mental state. It's not, crash diet for two months and lose weight only to be gained back. It's changing the way they live. This is something that is crucial to understand. Weight loss IS doable. Way to go Ali!

5 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Megs, I love the Biggest Loser! Just because different than all of the other reality shows, it teaches America just exactly what you wrote about. It changes lives! And yes, go Ali! America has to be just a little thinner beacuse of The Biggest Looser!XOXO Mom

Trav and Linds said...

Could you believe Ali??? She looked great! I think everybody on the show did. It really is neat to see people changing their lives and becoming healthy and loosing weight. You are so lucky to be able to help people and i bet it is so neat to see the change in their lives. I know you have helped trav immensly and it has made him realize how important working out and eating right is. :)

Steph said...

I completely agree! I love the biggest loser. I think its so amazing to see the transformations these people make not just physically but their whole demeanor. You can just see how much more happy they are in the way they carry themselves. I think it is such a good concept for a show, to get people pumped about getting fit and adjusting the lifestyle they have. Could you believe Roger...?

Jessica and Reece said...

I am so addicted to this show as well. What exactly do you do for work? Can I hire you as my personal trainer (especially now that swimsuit season is fast-approaching)?

Elisa said...

Hey! I need your help! How do I get in touch with you? Are you at Gold's?