Thursday, January 8, 2009

ode to Hungry Girl...

If you haven't noticed my link to the Hungry Girl website before, you must go there ASAP! I am absolutely in LOVE. Lisa Lillien is a genius. She is a normal girl who loves to eat...don't we all? She takes recipes that we LOVE and makes them with a TON less calories and the same great taste. I have been following her website for almost a year now, and so I was SO excited to hear she was coming out with a cookbook. I was even more excited when Benita bought it for me for Christmas! I spent about 3 hours just pouring over it. I'm already a HUGE fan of her Peanut Butter FUDGE recipe. Yep you heard right... Aside from great recipes there are a lot of great tips and ideas. It is awesome! I have a list of recipes I've been dying to try, but haven't had time yet. I'll keep you posted!
Hungry Girl has posted a shopping list for 2009. It is complete with all of her favorite products, and it is really great. Look it over (you can even print it out in PDF form), it will give you plenty of great ideas to mix up your meals!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I saw this at Christmas time not a good thing to show me yet another great cookbook!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

yes we've got the cookbook at our house and i like it. i want to use it more this year. i really like the onion rings!

i'll have to take a look at the pb fudge recipe:)

i love hungry girl!