Monday, January 12, 2009

See Megan Run...

Ok...so, I'm three weeks into the marathon training, and as promised, I'm here for an update. So far so good. These first few weeks aren't to hard, but I'll be honest, for some reason I've had a little bit harder time getting into my running routine this go-round. I don't know why it is. I had been running pre-training, but I guess I'm just waiting for my, "I'm excited to go running today," mood to kick in. Maybe it's knowing that I already have to run 9 miles on saturday... It will come. It always does. It's interesting because with me one of the reasons I love running so much is because of the feeling of accomplishment that comes when a long run is over. Can you empathize with me there? There is something to knowing you just pounded out 5, 10, 15 miles. It feels good. It feels powerful.
I am following a novice marathon training program off of running expert Hal Higdon's website. I've followed his programs in all of the races i've done, and I really like them. For those of you who are still contemplating trying out the Salt Lake City Marathon or Half Marathon with me It's not too late! These first few weeks aren't too crazy, so with some modification you can still jump in and challenge yourself. If you have any questions about it at all let me know! I'd love to answer them. Just remember that ANYONE can do this. You may not think yourself a runner, but all it takes is some want and some will power!
Feel free to shoot questions my way at megolina21@gmail.com

No comments: