Anyways...if you were to ask anyone who knows me well what some of my favorite foods were they would most definitely say frozen yogurt. I love the stuff. Call it a trend, or a fad. Call it whatever you want, but you'd better call it delicious. Because I haven't been eating sugar I've allowed frozen yogurt to be my treat. It is a healthy, low-cal, non-fat treat that actually has some nutrition to it! Bonus.
A few months ago I heard a rumor that there was going to be a Yogurtland opening right here in Orem, and I was STOKED. They have these allover in AZ, so whenever I go home to visit the fam we stop there at least once, and usually more than that. Lucky for me, and the rest of Utah county, the rumor was true.
This. My friends, is the best frozen yogurt I have ever had. That being said, you should know a few things.
1) I have eaten a LOT of frozen yogurt in my day. I would even go as far as to say that I'm a connoisseur of sorts.
2) I am picky about my yogurt. While some may just eat whatever they see and not know the difference. I can tell you if it's not frozen enough. Hasn't been mixing for long enough. Etc. Sad? No way. Talent.
3) I basically consider frozen yogurt a food group.
4) I wouldn't lie to you about such a beloved topic
When I was asked to do a review of what Yogurtland has to offer I was more than ready to come out with my best critiquing skills possible.
The process goes a little something like this...
Upon entering you are given some sample cups in which you self serve the flavors you deem most delicious. They offer 16 different flavors which they rotate on a weekly basis.
You can then serve yourself up as much yogurt as you can handle. (Or as much as you feel like you should handle.) I'm pretty sure I could "handle" to eat a lot more than I should...
You then weigh your yogurt and pay by the ounce. I love this aspect. You can go in and get just a little taste to curb your sweet tooth, get small sizes for your kids, or just get some yogurt for lunch. Done. Done. and Done.
Today my fabulous creation went a little something like this...Peanut Butter Cup, Double Stuffed Oreo, and Vanilla Wafer Yogurt with a sprinkle of granola, and lots of fresh fruit. (Bananas, strawberries, kiwi, blackberries, and blueberries.) It was divine.
Clearly I was content with my choice...It was reeaallly good.
(I would apologize for the fact that I'm rocking my gym clothes in public, but let's be honest. That is me 98% of the week.)
Some other great things you should know about Yogurtland...
- All of the yogurt flavors are made with REAL ingredients. Real mango, real pistachio, real peaches etc.
- 95% of their yogurt flavors are fat free. BOMB. The 5% that aren't are extremely low in fat.
- All of the yogurt flavors are high in calcium, and protein.
- Yogurtland's yogurt contains probiotics that are fabulous for your digestive health.
- The toppings are fresh! They are cut and prepared the same day. Fruits include; strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, watermelon, bananas, Lychee, and more fruits based on the seasons. I tried a Lychee today...it's like a weird pear. I liked it! I didn't even know there was such a thing.
- Most flavors have about 35-40 calories per ounce no fat, and about a gram of protein.
Frozen yogurt is a great healthy option for a snack, treat, and if you're me...lunch/dinner :) It's a great post workout food because it has a good amount of carbohydrates and protein, and it's just good. I HIGHLY recommend you get there and give it a try. You won't be disappointed...and we may just run into each other. I plan on spending a lot of time there.
This is my generous new friend Michael.
He is the brains behind this yogurty goodness.
Why is he generous you ask?
Well...Michael is partnering up with MuncherCruncher to do a GIVEAWAY!!
It's a good one too!
HERE IS THE DEAL:
Michael is giving away TWO $20 Yogurtland gift cards to my readers. I am so happy about this.
To enter to win the first gift card you must
1) Become a Muncher Cruncher follower and leave a comment saying you've done so (one entry)
2) Click HERE and join the I Love Yogurtland of Orem group on Facebook leave a comment saying you've done so (second entry)
3) Leave a comment on I Love Yogurtland of Orem's FB page telling them why YOU love frozen yogurt! (third entry)
4) Follow Yogurtland on Twitter. Click HERE to do so. Leave a comment (fourth entry)
5) Link to this post on your blog or FB page, or tweet about it! Leave the link as a comment. (fifth entry)
Now, that is a lot of entry options!
To enter to win the second gift card you must
1) Visit Yogurtland at 534 E. University Pkwy in Orem, and take a photo of your yogurt and email it to me at megolina21 at gmail.com
Both easy, and delicious.
I'm sorry to all of you out-of-staters, but if you can't get to Yogurtland to redeem your goods, you aren't able to win, so you should probably move here just for this giveaway and so we can all work out together. Thank you SO MUCH for such an awesome giveaway Michael! Yogurtland is THE BOMB!
You have until Wednesday March 23rd at 11:59 PM to enter. The winner will be chosen through random.org.