Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Freedom, Food, Family, Friends, and Fruit Ka-bobs

I hope everyone had an AWESOME 4th of July weekend. I most certainly did. I really loved every second of it.
I managed to...

eat lots of family dinners/meals/bbq's...
 spend a night on the town with my besties...(Yes, that is a golf cart. My friends bought one over the weekend. Totally normal, right?)
 enjoy a night at Provo's famous, Stadium of Fire; featuring Brad Paisley, David Archuletta, and a whole lotta fireworks.

 congratulate two of my favorite peeps on getting engaged...
 watch the Provo Freedom Festival Parade w/my fam...
 watch the incredible park city fireworks with my friends...
 in the rain...
and enjoyed MANY good and healthy eats along the way. I found a version of these fruit kabobs on Lemonade Making Mama on Pinterest and I just HAD to revamp them and make them festive.

Easy? yes.
Darling? Yes.
Healthy? not to shabby.
 
 4th of July Fruit Kabobs

Ingredients: 
1 angel food cake
blueberries
raspberries
strawberries
blackberries
lite whipped cream or cool whip
fat free sugar free chocolate pudding 
skewers 

Directions: 
Prepare chocolate pudding as directed. Wash and cut your fruit. Cut your angel food cake into cubes. Arrange on your skewers. Serve along side chocolate pudding and whipped cream for dipping. Easy peasy.

We served these with a side of whipped cream and a side of ff/sf chocolate pudding, and a lot of people mixed them like a chocolate mousse. I am a big fan. I served some at our family bbq and some at a bbq with friends. I was thinking of ways you could really adapt them to any holiday. Kiwi and strawberries for Christmas...strawberries and raspberries for Valentines day...blackberries and oranges or cuties for Halloween...the possibilities are endless. Such a light and healthy treat. This is a great reminder that dessert can be light and healthy and absolutely delicious too!

How was your 4th of July? I hope it was great. It's such a fun holiday!  Do you Pinterest? I am officially obessed. Just what I need...another online distraction...

7 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Those kabobs are the cutest thing I have ever seen! GIRL, you are GORGEOUS AS ALWAYS and I am so happy you had such an amazing weekend!! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH....I NEED MY MEGAN TIME!!!

Jody @ Raising Fin and Fish said...

What a great idea to put all those ingredients on a kabob! Great for portion control :)

Rachelle Wardle said...

Best weekend ever! Love all of the pictures and the kabobs look delicious.

Kelsey said...

The fruit kabobs look awesome!

Allie said...

omg I've missed reading your blog so much! too many posts to catch up on lol. Those fruit kabobs look so delish and yo look so fabulously tan. Glad you had fun :o)

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister