Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun...

Two weeks. (Well two weeks and a day-ish) And I will be back home in Arizona for a week of holiday celebrating. I can't believe that, and I must say I am really excited. The Christmas season is just a good time. It really is.

Tonight we had the trial boot camp class at Elevate, and it was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who came! I hope you feel like you got a good workout. If anyone else has questions about it let me know!! 

Yesterday I instigated another "Snackless Monday." In which I picture journal my food. I had one of those weekends where I felt like a bottomless pit. It made me feel like my eating wasn't in control, and I don't like that feeling. Hence, snackless monday. This doesn't mean that I don't snack, it just means that I don't mindlessly graze. The journaling via photo, makes me feel accountable. So, don't worry this is more for my sake than for yours. Except to show off the darling Christmas quilt my mom made, which is seen underneath all my food. :) (I use it as a table cover.)

Breakfast: Oatmeal with a little bit of splenda and cinnamon mixed in. Topped with peanut butter and sliced bananas. I crave this. I could eat it three times a day. It is so filling too, and gets me through my morning work/workout.
Lunch: Don't worry by the time I get to lunch I am ravenous. Yesterday's lunch consisted of a huge salad. Spinach, cucumbers, green peppers, broccoli, carrots, garbonzo beans, beets, mandarin oranges, and some cottage cheese on top for protein. (I struggle with the protein sometimes.) I also put a little bit of fat free chipotle ranch on the side to dip my fork in and give it a little flavor. I secretly love ranch and would put it on anything if you'd let me. Don't ever let me, k?

Snack: Piece of Fat Free Banana Bread (I made this on Sunday) & Apple Slices


Dinner: Tomato Soup with/a Whole Wheat pita. I actually didn't get a photo of this because I ate literally as I was running out the door. It was really good though, promise if you saw a picture you'd think so too!
Snack: Fat Free Frozen Yogurt from Yozone. No picture here either. I was camera-less/phone-less. It was also delicious. Cookies and cream and red velvet cake with a little bit of granola on top.

The journaling really did help me get back on track for the week. I've said it once, I'll say it again. If you are having trouble dropping the pounds, journal your food. It is the best way! It felt good to have some good clean food in me and to be on track as far as my snacking goes. It also felt great to have some good produce in me. Speaking of produce I loved all of your suggestions of how you get your veggies in from my "veggie challenge" post.

Melissa from melissadishes said: 
"I had a vegetable soup that I made a huge batch of on Saturday with stuff I had on hand with turkey stock I made with leftover turkey. It had celery, tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, cannelini beans, spinach, red and white onion, and cauliflower. I tossed in some bulgur after it cooked. My 2 favorite ways though are giant stir fries and random "clean out the fridge" salads."

Janae from thehungryrunnergirl said: 
"I love throwing all my produce i a bowl and calling it salad."

Laurie said: 
"Green smoothies. i just put everything in a blender and drink."

Elaine said: 
"I love beets, and especially in salads or salad bars!"

You guys are awesome! Keep the great ideas coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at me, my random soup got a mention ;-)

I LOVE cottage cheese on salads. I also love your oatmeal, I eat that sometimes too. I would eat oatmeal for every meal if I could. I am on a week long oatmeal hiatus right now trying to see if it causes my food intolerance. So far, looks like it's not oats! YAY!

Anonymous said...

look at me, my random soup got a mention ;-)

I LOVE cottage cheese on salads. I also love your oatmeal, I eat that sometimes too. I would eat oatmeal for every meal if I could. I am on a week long oatmeal hiatus right now trying to see if it causes my food intolerance. So far, looks like it's not oats! YAY!

claire said...

that salad looks amazing! I need to be focusing on eating healthy during the day... bc at night i start baking and it is all downhill from there!