- The morning started out early, working with some clients that come in together husband and wife style. Precious huh? I know. I weigh them weekly and I think they were both a little disappointed in the fact that they stayed at the same weight. As we talked about it I thought there were some great take away points from our discussion. For those of you who are trying to lose weight, maybe these will help you...
I asked them what they did differently in the past week for the positive or for the negative. As simple as it may sound, nothing changes if nothing changes. If you aren't proactive in your training, in your eating, in your exercising...you won't reach your goals. We can't think ourselves thinner, or faster, or stronger.
The conversation turned to food, as it often does, and there were a few..."Oh yeah, and I guess I ate this. Oh and I may have had two too many of those...and I forgot about that." Point being, A lil' extra this and that isn't bad every now and then, but when they are frequent all the extras add up. Are you adding in too many "extras?"
We ended on a positive note. I reminded them that although huge progress may not have been made that week, remind yourself where you would be if you just gave up, if you didn't do anything? That is reason enough to keep at it. Even if it just means maintaining sometimes. You will feel better, look better, have more energy, feel more positive, and enjoy your life more when you are active and eating healthy.
- I had a client cancel which gave me a little time for a nap. Wow I love sleep. Naps are like little gifts from heaven. Why do kids stop wanting to take them? I don't get it. I had some neighbors decide that an all night dance party with techno BLARING until 4 am was a good idea on Monday night, and I haven't really felt rested since then. Take naps. They are worth it.
- I stole this pic of my nephew and I off my sister's blog...he's adorable.
- I ate at least 125 grams of protein today. That is unheard of for me. I also drank a ton of water and got in a solid workout. Note to self (and to all of you)
A. Eat well + workout well + hydrate well = feel AWESOME
B. Eat crappy + feel to tired to workout + no sleep = feel terrible.
Always pick A. Always.
- I just remembered tomorrow is Friday. I love that feeling.
- You guys had some AWESOME suggestions to add to my Power Up Your Protein Post. I can't wait to do a follow up post, and try some of YOUR awesome ideas! Keep them coming!
- Don't forget to enter the Spring Mix Giveaway if you haven't yet! You have until tomorrow night.
Do you take naps? I love them. So much...but I don't take them nearly as much as I'd like to! Do you feel like your relationships are part of your "health?" 100%. I have to have my peeps in my life! I'd be donezo without them.