The day started out with my Saturday Morning bootcamp class. Can I just say they freaking ROCK. We did some awesome circuits, treadmill sprints, and all sorts of intervals. We have a great group of super hard working chica's. I am extremely proud of how hard they push themselves. We have a new girlie who joined in this past week, and I am AMAZED at her determination to get up to speed. It's awesome. She never gives up. She is going to accomplish her goals.
- I learned that we shouldn't ever give up on ourselves. We may have hard workouts, days, meals, weeks, whatever...don't give up. When things get hard imagine where you'd be if you didn't attempt? DON'T GIVE UP!
After boot camp, I wanted to go to spin but I ended up spending some time with a new client. This meant that I probably wasn't going get in the extra cardio I wanted to get in for the day. I was a little sad about that. Let's be honest, I'm always sad when I miss spin. It's my fave!
Next, I went with my sister to run some errands. She recently moved back to UT from Texas, and I couldn't be happier. I LOVE getting to hang out with her all the time. She's so awesome. It makes my day when I get to tag along with her. ;)
- I learned that pushing around a FULL shopping cart with three kids in tow can be just a good a workout as any. How cute are her kids? I know...I could eat them right up.
- I re-learned that I am obsessed with holiday candy. I am a total sucker for it. I think it so incredibly darling.
Valentines day: I LOVE cherry juju hearts, cinnamon lips & hearts, & Colored M&M's
Easter: Cadberry Mini Eggs...duh, rainblow gum eggs,
Halloween: juju pumpkins, the taffy with the jack-o-lantern faces, reeces chocolate pb pumpkins
Christmas: Red and Green Peanut M&M's, mint M&M's, cinnamon santas, anything in a red and green wrapper etc. etc. etc.
I used to justify my love of holiday candies by saying that I had to eat a lot of them while they were, "available" because they would be gone for a whole year soon. Oh boy...my justifications. Can you see how I'm kind of an all or nothing girl? How cute are these though? Seriously...
My darlingest best friend and roommate, Benita decided this week that she no longer wants to eat out for every meal at work. She enlisted me for some help, which I am super excited about. I'm stepping in and preparing her lunch foods and snacks for her to take to work. I feel like this is good practice for being a mom some day, right?
- I learned that an AWESOME way to prep veggies is to buy a veggie tray from Costco. (Cheap and ready to eat.) I portioned them out into six separate bags for her to take with her, and bought some fat free ranch for her to dip them in. Easy peasy. Each bag has about 150 calories worth of fresh, delish veggies. I actually got this idea from an awesome client of mine, Amy, who was trying to incorporate more veggies into her diet. Thanks Amy dear!
I had to make another trek to the store a little later in the day. When I was actually ready for the day...don't worry that I made it until about 5 PM without showering. I wasn't feeling super awesome, so I took it kinda easy all day. Also, for whatever reason I feel like the fact that it is Saturday makes it OK for me to wear no makeup and traipse around in my non-matching gym clothes. Don't judge. Anyways...store trek #2 was when I was ready for the day and I thought it would be a good idea to go shopping in 4 inch heels.
- I learned that pushing a shopping cart around in heels is a definite core workout. Some extreme balance is needed especially when you are trying to walk fast and get in and out.
The evening ended with a big ole dinner party for one of my darling besties, Roxanne. We went to one of our local favorites, The Pizza Factory. I am obsessed with their salad bar. OBSESSED.
- I learned that I am a master craftsman when it comes to the salad bar. Oh wait, I already knew that. Tell me that doesn't look mouth watering delicious? I would be willing to prove this skill to anyone who wants to come join me for a lunch/dinner date to The Pizza Factory. I think I could eat there every day.
So tell me, Did you learn anything this weekend? I was reminded that workouts don't just have to be scheduled at the gym. Every day tasks can be calorie burners too! What is your favorite Holiday Candy? I think the M&M company loves suckers like me who get re-excited every month over a holiday color change in the thin candy coated shell that melts in your mouth, not in your hand. I am fully confident that Peanut M&M's contain some form of cocaine, or other addictive substance. Do you like salad bars? I love them. Well, I love good ones that is. My favorites are the salad bars at The Pizza Factory and Jason's Deli. Yum, yum, yum.