Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sparkle On!

Sparkle is such a pretty word. Right? Leah from sparkleskirts.com
sent me a running skirt to review. I have never worn a running skirt, so I was excited to try one out. I mean who doesn't want to look darling and sassy while running?
I really wanted to try it out on the open roads, but the weather factor made that impossible. So, indoors it was. The skirt has a 6 inch inseam, and shorts underneath. Leah guaranteed me that her product WOULD NOT ride up. This was a tall order in my book because it seems like EVERYTHING rides up, and I cannot stand clothing malfunctions. If my clothes are bugging me while I'm working out I think only about my clothes and not about my workout.
Don't mind my winterized legs. It is very clear that it's been a while since they've seen the sun. 
 So what was the verdict?
Here goes...
Pros: 
- Loved the length. I didn't feel like my business was hanging out all over the place.
- Loved all the storage space. Zippered pocket across the waistband, and a hidden pocket on each side of the shorts. Perfect for a key, small phone or ipod, shotblocks/gu/lunch ;) 
- Didn't ride up. Leah was right...well done. Very comfortable.
- Cute and sassy!

Cons: 
 - I didn't love the logo across the front. I'm not one that is huge on words on my clothes, so this i just a personal preference and has nothing to do with design.
- Wash instructions advise you to hand wash them. Because I sweat in my workout clothes and I like to make sure they get clean, which in my head means washing machine. I realize that you can hand wash things clean too, but it is more of a hassle.
All in all I was impressed! Thanks Leah for sending me the darling skirt. Now, go check out her website!!

6 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

You look hot in your sparkle skirt! :) I think it is cute, I've always wondered about the functionallity (sp?) of those too.

Momma got the runs said...

Super cute! I just bought one from skirtsports and fell in love. Ill have to check yours out! I always thought they were too la-de-dah. I dont care about looking cute, I came here to run but my mind has been changed!!

Katie said...

Very cute and you look great in it!

Katy said...

I also hate clothing malfunctions! It's why I have pretty much given up on running shorts. It doesn't matter, they ALL seem to ride up my inner thighs and I feel all exposed and uncomfortable.

Unknown said...

I am in heaven....I was just looking at running skirts - I like it's freaking sexy! Wish it was summer so we could really put those to use! and I expect you to whip that out during boot camp! LOL

Heather -Momma Running Amok said...

I now know 3 bloggers ladies including me that have not worn skirts before. I feel like everyone wears these adorable skirts, matching tops and knee socks these days. I am an everyday skirt wearer in warm weather though when not at the gym or running...