I used random.org to select lucky #27... Kristy said...
Also, you should know that reading over all of your favorite desserts was SLIGHTLY torturous. I've been eating like a saint these past couple weeks because of the competition at my work, and desserts have been most definitely out of reach.
Today has just made me smile ALL OVER the place. Here's why...
1. I woke up feeling rested. I usually don't get enough sleep, unfortunately. Which is too bad because I KNOW how important it is. Last night I got to bed early, and I woke up this morning feeling great.
2. I had a client cancel so I was able to get a run in, in between clients. I of course, would always rather my clients come, but sometimes gaining an hour of time is a GREAT gift. I did 5 miles without my brace and although it hurts a bit right now, I'm hoping this means I might be brace-less from here on out! (I tore the deltoid ligament of my foot running in October, and I'm still trying to get back to 100%.)
3. An AWESOME client of mine lost 10 LBS since when she weighed last in Mid December. She has really dedicated herself to working her BUNS off (literally.) I am SO SO proud of her. I train her three times a week, and now she comes to my boot camp on the other days, so I'm working with her 6 days a week. THAT is dedication. I was reminded all over again why I love what I do so much. Watching people change habits, improve themselves, reach goals, and gain self confidence is so incredible. Way to go FRAN!!
4. I got to double up on my workout. I was planning on doing my cardio for the day after I was done with all my clients, so I decided to continue as planned and hopped on the elliptical for a second sweat fest. Confession #1...I love doing two-a-days sometimes. ESPECIALLY when I'm top of my eating game. It makes me feel empowered. I'm weird, I know. (Don't worry...I have days where the last thing I want to do is work out, so I promise I feel both sides of the spectrum.)
5. I am meeting with two new clients today. Always exciting!
6. I came home to a surprise from my best friend, Benita. She left me the SWEETEST note and a gift card to the movies, for no reason at all except because she is so thoughtful. I love going to see movies. Isn't that the best surprise ever?
7. I branched out again for lunch.
Confession #2...I have never had what I believe you people call a, "breakfast burrito." Until lunchtime today. I learned to like eggs like a year ago, and I still don't love them all the time, so this was big for me. I wanted a fast, easy, high protein lunch, so it went a little something like this.
And then I put it together with a little something like this.
8. It's FRIDAY! AND a long weekend...yaaaaaay! Awesome. I hope your Friday is treating you right. You deserve it!
What is making you smile today? Feel free to list multiple things. In fact, please do! What do you love about your work/role as a parent/way you spend all your time??