Friday, September 9, 2011

Confirmed. I like it green.

When in Rome. Isn't that the phrase they say about doing all the things that make the area what it is when you visit? Well, here in Austin the BBQ is apparently a big deal. If you know me at all, you know I'm not a huge meat person. I like turkey and chicken and that is about it...however, my dad was STOKED on getting some good BBQ in, and the rest of the fam was happy to oblige.

So...to The Salt Lick it was for din din tonight.
 I looked at the menu and was a little bit at a loss...
 Straight up meat. Ummmmm. If you know me you get the struggle there.
My mom, sis and I decided that we'd share the "vegetable plate" and some sliced smoked turkey.
 The vegetable plate was potato salad, cole slaw, and pinto beans. I guess we all define vegetables a little differently.
We had a great time, and my dad thought it was money. 
And so did this lil' guy...
 
 As we were walking out I made my fam stop to take pics in front of the meat pit. The worker quickly stopped me and asked if we wanted a better picture. Of course, we did.
Little did we know that they were going to lead us back through the kitchen to stand with all of the cooks. Right in the middle of the action. 
Would you look at that meat? Yowza. I think it would make most people's mouths water. I am not one of those people. 
 
I left confirmed that I am a definite veggies girl. Remember how hard it is for me to get my protein in? I was wishing I could pile my Pizza Factory salad to the ceiling.
Isn't my mom a babe? Love her. My fam is just so much fun.

Are you a meat eater or a veggie person? I don't think I could give you a vegetable that I won't eat, but do you want the list of meats I won't eat? Maybe I should just give you the short list of the ones that I do? Yikes.

6 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Oh my gosh so funny! Just thinking about your veggie plater makes me chuckle and you getting a tour of all the meat cooking! Wow! I bet you loved that! Wish I was there with you guys!

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

Oh gosh, that picture with all the meat is a NIGHTMARE! I don't eat ANY meat so that probably wouldn't be the place for me! I'm a total veggie girl, just like you. Glad you were able to find something to eat!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had pretty weather and a good time with your family.

I pretty much only eat bbq chicken, turkey, or pork loin. I do love BBQ though, just picky about what it is and where it comes from.

Salt Lick is all about atmosphere. I don't like their food at all. I have a hard time eating there, besides turkey and beans, I don't really ever eat much. Their sides aren't up my alley at all and their BBQ freaks me out.

ash & diz said...

I love my veggies, but I could've done some damage at that place. I love bbq!

glad you are having a good time at home with the fam.

Thisisme said...

Yikes. Way too much red stuff!

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin