Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sandwich On Golden Bread

Remember the time that I had a layover in PHX yesterday? I do. I was STARVING by the time I landed. I packed some almonds and a protein bar with me, but that didn't sound so great. That was about all I could muster up in the three minutes I had to get ready to head out the door. Usually I am a little more prepared for my traveling. You can read some tips for road trip preparedness HERE and HERE

I needed something substantial, and I searched the airport high and low. Finally I found a place that would make me a sandwich on whole wheat bread. It was pretty basic; turkey, iceburg lettuce, some tomato slices, and the mustard I added to it. 

Come to find out the bread must have been laced in gold. The sandwich cost me $11.
Now, I know I promised I'd quit with the blackberry photos...but I just needed a second opinion. Tell me that doesn't look like an $11 sandwich? Geez. It tasted fine and all, but I am pretty sure I could have made it better by about three million times at home. Oh yeah, that pickle on the side must have really upped the value too. I told Benita I was tempted to just throw in the towel and eat the $4 Cinnabon instead. I swear they must put scented crack in those things to waft in the air as you pass by. It smelled purely amazing.

Oh well...sometimes we go to lengths to eat healthy. Do you do what you can to try and find the healthy options or are you easily discouraged, using it as a reason to just get the Cinnabon? It is amazing how hunger can make us think crazy things sometimes, and can often cause us to throw out all our hard work. What situations do you find cause you to lose your willpower?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Situations causing me to loose willpower - my friend posting of FB about the new Triple Double Oreos which I had to run out and buy immediately.

Rachel U said...

I always get a cinnabon at the airport. haha i so look forward to it. maybe i should be heathier? haha. also- MEGS that pesto chicken salad is AMAZING. thank you thank you a thousand times. ive been making it all week and my lunches have never been better. todd thanks you too.

Anonymous said...

I don't lose willpower in those situations. I would have probably have an $11 sandwich too, lol

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister