Friday, September 9, 2011

We Shop. We Eat.

If there is one thing that we Smith women know how to do it is shop. My mom is a shopping extraordinaire and the apples did not fall far from the tree. Today we ventured out to get our shop on. We started out at Nordstrom Rack.
I ventured over to women's active. Let's be honest...I'm just naturally drawn there. One of my sister's in-laws started cracking up as she walked by and said, "we would find you in the work out clothes." What can I say. I wear them all day. Every day. I should probably stop buying real clothes. I ended up with a fabulous black Nike hoodie, (three favorite things all in one...black clothing, Nike clothing, and hoodies.)

After The Rack we headed over to the delicious Panera, for lunch.
I wish there was one in UT. They list the calories of the items ON THE OVERHEAD MENU. I wanted to take a pic, but I thought that might be going to far. As you know I am obsessed with knowing nutrition facts, and this made me so dang happy.
I ordered a salad with chicken, fruit, and a fat free poppyseed dressing with some whole wheat bread on the side. It was quite tasty, and the menu listed this item as 300 calories total. I got the dressing on the side and only used about 1/3 of it, so I assume my salad was a bit less.
My darling sister and her lil' guy are always great sports when it comes to my picture snapping. 

  
 He will even play the game..."make the face you'd make if you were..."
  
I can't get enough of this little man. I really just love him. 

Do you like to know the nutrition facts of the foods you are eating? I think a lot of people feel better about not knowing...HOWEVER...I also think that people make better choices when they do know. Knowledge is power people.  

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE that Panera has the calories right up there. Makes ordering so much easier for me.

But I love to track calories...

Anonymous said...

I love Nordstrom Rack and workout clothes. Together they are heavenly.
Beautiful family! I like knowing the calorie count. I would make different choices if I knew how long I'd have to workout to work my food off.

kara t. said...

Ha, I HATE Panera because of that very reason. The only things with low enough numbers are never things I want. Okay, so really I hate it because I think they market themselves and healthy but they really aren't all that much. I definitely think if everywhere put the calories on the menu, I would eat out even less than I do now.

Sierra said...

I agree, its great to know, especially for sneaky things like salad and granola.

Mel said...

I love that we have a few now, they've only been in our area a little over a year. I wish I had one closer to the office.

I dig places like Panera that are open with their NI and bend over backwards to make things the way you want them.

Courtney said...

LOVE me some panera!

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo outlet, ugg boots, new balance shoes, birkin bag, vans shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, canada goose uk, insanity workout, ugg pas cher, asics running shoes, instyler, nike huarache, p90x, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, moncler, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, hollister, nfl jerseys, soccer shoes, longchamp, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, ugg australia, lululemon outlet, ugg, babyliss pro, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, celine handbags, ugg boots, ghd, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, beats by dre, canada goose, uggs outlet, canada goose jackets

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister