Friday, September 2, 2011

milestones.

Last night one of my clients reached a BIG milestone. One that I couldn't be happier about for her. She hit the fifty pound weight loss mark. This client started boot camp with me in February of this year, and has worked her tail off since she began. There were tears of joy shed, and lots of clapping/shouting/jumping up and down. Oh yeah, and she was excited too... (sometimes I think I get more excited about the success of my clients than they do!)

We were talking about what it is that has made her successful, and these are the things we came up with...
- Consistency: She is SO dang consistent. She sticks to her workout schedule, and keeps her eating as close to what our plan is for her as possible. Even though she has bad days, and bad weeks just like the rest of us; it is the fact that she always goes back to the pattern that works after the bad days.
- Trust: She has been a diligent client, and has really tried to stick with me on the goals I set for her. She trusts that I want to help her one hundred percent, and that I am only going to give her instruction that will help her reach her goals.
- Healthy Food Choices: She most certainly has made some changes in her diet, and she is constantly improving little changes week by week. She is dialing more into what effects her body and how she can fuel it the best way possible. She is conscious of what she is eating; be it good or bad. She isn't just eating mindlessly.
- Lifestyle Change: She has changed her lifestyle to be more active. She now enjoys hiking, riding her bike, and going on walks because she likes to move and be active. She knows it makes her feel better.
- Nixing the Sugar: This was a big thing for her, and is something she continues to work on. She really has tried to cut out the processed and refined foods and sugars and this has made a big big BIG difference.
- Confidence: This is a HUGE one for her, and it has taken baby steps. When she first walked in the door to work with me she thought she was going to fail. She was terrified. With little victories she has increased her confidence in herself and now she does some really challenging things, and she isn't afraid to try new things to push herself.

She is one TOUGH cookie who has worked her tail off and I am so SO proud of her. She motivates me to stick to my goals, and I can't wait to see what the next 50 is going to bring her! WELL DONE TOUGH GIRLIE!!!


What is it that helps you to reach your milestones?How has your confidence in yourself increased as you have tried to live a healthier lifestyle? Are you an all or nothing type person, or do you need those baby steps? I am one who needs both. With some goals I have to just go for the gusto, and with others I need to help myself along one step at a time.  I know for me I feel so much better and I feel so much better about myself. I feel stronger and more capable.

9 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Wow that is really exciting! Tell her I am giving her a big GREAT JOB cheer from Arizona! That is hard work right there!

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

WOW! 50lbs is AMAZING! Congrats to her and to you for helping her reach this goal!

kara t. said...

That is amazing. I think celebrating other peoples success is just as important as celebrating our own. When I notice someone at the gym is making improvements- I always go out of my way to say something.

Fitness has brought me a lot of confidence that I never knew I could have. I'm too old to become a star tennis play or learn to dunk a basketball, but I know if I show up to the gym and put in effort, I'll keep getting better. It's amazing what are bodies are capable of doing. It's crazy what our minds tell us we can't do, and what we can accomplish when we tell ourselves we can.

ash & diz said...

Congrats to your client! seriously. that is a HUGE loss! woo woo!

Rene said...

Yea for your client. I'm so excited to work out with you for one day do I can learn some new tricks.
My hubs is my biggest cheerleader and when I hit milestones he is as happy as I am. Hitting my goals, no matter how small, has helped me gain tons of confidence. I love my life more now than I ever have before.

The Smith Clan said...

That is so neat Megan! Tell her congrats! And having trained with you, you are amazing, and deserve cudos to you also!! Impressive!

LMemory said...

Go Client!!! Way to coach, Megan :)

Reading you blog makes me want wonder- what fitness goals could YOU, Megan, possibly have? You love working out and it seems like you eat pretty healthy, I feel like you're IT, you are there, THE fitness guru! So I'm curious what kinds of things you're still working towards? Marathons? A certain strength level?

I know my two biggest motivators for working out are just keeping my curves trim and feeling good- my body KNOWS and RESPONDS to consistent healthy practices. I sleep better, my moods swing less, my skin looks nicer, and I just feel less heavy. You know? Those are my two motivators/goals, but sometimes I feel like I need more. I'd love to hear others. Have a great week!

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo outlet, ugg boots, new balance shoes, birkin bag, vans shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, canada goose uk, insanity workout, ugg pas cher, asics running shoes, instyler, nike huarache, p90x, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, moncler, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, hollister, nfl jerseys, soccer shoes, longchamp, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, ugg australia, lululemon outlet, ugg, babyliss pro, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, celine handbags, ugg boots, ghd, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, beats by dre, canada goose, uggs outlet, canada goose jackets

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister