Last night one of my clients reached a BIG milestone. One that I couldn't be happier about for her. She hit the fifty pound weight loss mark. This client started boot camp with me in February of this year, and has worked her tail off since she began. There were tears of joy shed, and lots of clapping/shouting/jumping up and down. Oh yeah, and she was excited too... (sometimes I think I get more excited about the success of my clients than they do!)
We were talking about what it is that has made her successful, and these are the things we came up with...
- Consistency: She is SO dang consistent. She sticks to her workout schedule, and keeps her eating as close to what our plan is for her as possible. Even though she has bad days, and bad weeks just like the rest of us; it is the fact that she always goes back to the pattern that works after the bad days.
- Trust: She has been a diligent client, and has really tried to stick with me on the goals I set for her. She trusts that I want to help her one hundred percent, and that I am only going to give her instruction that will help her reach her goals.
- Healthy Food Choices: She most certainly has made some changes in her diet, and she is constantly improving little changes week by week. She is dialing more into what effects her body and how she can fuel it the best way possible. She is conscious of what she is eating; be it good or bad. She isn't just eating mindlessly.
- Lifestyle Change: She has changed her lifestyle to be more active. She now enjoys hiking, riding her bike, and going on walks because she likes to move and be active. She knows it makes her feel better.
- Nixing the Sugar: This was a big thing for her, and is something she continues to work on. She really has tried to cut out the processed and refined foods and sugars and this has made a big big BIG difference.
- Confidence: This is a HUGE one for her, and it has taken baby steps. When she first walked in the door to work with me she thought she was going to fail. She was terrified. With little victories she has increased her confidence in herself and now she does some really challenging things, and she isn't afraid to try new things to push herself.
She is one TOUGH cookie who has worked her tail off and I am so SO proud of her. She motivates me to stick to my goals, and I can't wait to see what the next 50 is going to bring her! WELL DONE TOUGH GIRLIE!!!
What is it that helps you to reach your milestones?How has your confidence in yourself increased as you have tried to live a healthier lifestyle? Are you an all or nothing type person, or do you need those baby steps? I am one who needs both. With some goals I have to just go for the gusto, and with others I need to help myself along one step at a time. I know for me I feel so much better and I feel so much better about myself. I feel stronger and more capable.