Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pesto Chicken Salad

As You know I am always looking for new quick meal ideas. I am also always looking for high protein options.  I saw a meal similar to this from Real Simple, and I decided to take my own, healthier spin on it.

Pesto Chicken Salad
Serves: 1
 Ingredients:
- 6-7 oz of cooked, shredded chicken. I used one can of Costco chicken, but you could use a rotisserie chicken or your could cook up your own chicken breasts.
- 1 Tbsp low fat miracle whip
- 1.5 tsp pesto
- a dash of pepper to taste
Combine all those items together and serve over a bed of fresh lettuce. I added some garden fresh tomatoes into my salad as well. You really could get creative with different vegetable options added in. This chicken was so tasty and flavorful I didn't even consider putting any sort of dressing over it. I love me some pesto, and this new swing on my favorite healthy chicken salad did the trick. High protein, low calorie, and lower carbohydrate count with some veggies added in. YES please.

P.S. Tomorrow I go to Austin, TX. I can't wait!! I'm hoping LINDSEY
P.P.S Don't forget to enter the September Sweat Songs Mix Giveaway if you haven't already.
P.P.P.S (Can you have that many P's?) I'm working on some new workout methods that have left me more sore than I've been in a long time. I can't wait to share!

Do you like pesto? I am a huge fan. I think I could eat just about anything covered in pesto. Have you ever been to Austin, TX? Anything I HAVE to see while I'm there? Aside from the darling and fabulous Mrs. Lindsay Cotter, of course?

8 comments:

Mel said...

I'm sure lindsay has great ideas on things to see. Hopefully the fires will be gone soon.

Lake lady bird for a run is a must. Whole Foods flagship store. South congress for food and shopping. Texas bbq, Mexican food, barton springs, I could go on and on!

I live in Austin, its fabulous!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Mmm I LOVE pesto! I just made my very own for the first time. I posted the recipe, it was delicious!

Angie said...

I heart pesto! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Be careful of all those fires around Austin! YOu must go to South Congress (Soco as they call it) to the airstream trailer called Hey Cupcake, and indulge in a cupcake. :) And 6th Street is full of resturants, bars, and shops!

Rachelle Wardle said...

Yum! Have fun in Texas!! What are you going there for? I am so jealous you get to meet Lindsey.

Thisisme said...

that looks delish!! be careful in Texas!! So many of my friends' lives are being devestated by the fires right now!

Sierra said...

I loved the original chicken salad you posted a while ago. I keep cans of chicken at work for those days when I forget my lunch. This is a great variation, cannot wait to try it.

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister