FYI: This recipe is one that my family has modified to lighten it up. I am posting the original recipe and the changes that I made to make it lighter!
Cinnamon Bun Cake
Ingredients for cake:
*You only end up using about half of this streusel topping, so although the brown sugar may seem high, you won't use it all.
And check here for any current coupons before you shop for these ingredients.
This is a great lighter option if you are looking for a warm and tasty holiday dessert.
This week in review...
- I got an iPhone. Best thing ever. I am obsessed with Instagram.
- I feel like I have BARELY been home. Work. Gym. Family. Friends. Christmas-ing. Chaos.
- We threw a "Christmas Morning" themed holiday party on Friday night. Breakfast for dinner, pj's, white elephant gifts...the whole shebang.
- Heathered gray seemed to be the theme. Yep...my pj's were an oversized men's sweatshirt, leggings, and some knee high sweater slippers. I go for comfort.
- I'm LOVING clementines as a snack these days. I love oranges, but hate to peel them, and clementines peel so easily. They are also perfectly portable.
- I ran a pain-free 6.3 miles today, and it felt better than running has felt in a long time. I attribute this to A) having music to listen to once again (thank you iPhone) and B) a SWEET Rockmyrun playlist. If you haven't checked it out yet you REALLY really should.
- I CANNOT believe Christmas Eve is a week away. I am so excited. Are you ready?
Do you leave out a treat for Santa Clause? If not, you should start this year. I hear the big guy reeaaallly like Cinnamon Bun Cake. Are you feeling the holiday stress? It's about that time.