Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I Think Someone is Trying to Tell Me Something...

I made it back to Utah! I can't believe how much smoke there is in the air here from all these fires. So sad! I have sneezed approximately 40 times in 24 hours, and I am attributing it to the bad air quality?? The fires are horrible! It's so sad!
My client schedule has been packed since I have come back, and it has been great to get back in the groove of things workout-wise myself. I have been doing a lot of circuit workouts and cross-training to try and let my foot heal. I went for my first run since the marathon yesterday morning, and I am sad to report it didn't go so well...Well, it did and it didn't. I LOVED the run. I am obsessed with running outside on Utah summer mornings. It is perfection. If you haven't done it, you should. I was only going for a 4 mile run because with my new training plan I'm not running as often, and when I do run I am keeping the runs short, sweet, and hilly (for interval purposes.) Cardiovascular-wise I felt AWESOME. It felt good to be out there. However, my foot seems to not be as healed as I thought it was. The pain from my foot started to radiate up into my knee, and by the end of the 4 miles I was limping pretty bad. I finished, and in good time, although I was purposely not timing myself. However, I am still limping a little...lame. I feel like the running Gods are trying to tell me something...

Today's addition to the workout challenge for the month of July...
DAY #3: 3/30 second wall sits. 
Breaking for however much time you need in between. As you work on the challenge try to cut your time down in between wall sits.

I can't believe tomorrow is the 4th of July already!?! Where did the time go? Any plans for the 4th? I know a lot of communities host freedom runs! Or you can always freely run on your own! :)

P.S. Aren't my friends darling?


No comments: